Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could City not insist on SI being a separate deal to the Milner one??? Pay Villa what they want for Milner and get the deal done, Then tell villa to make a formal offer for Ierland and let them sort it out,I reackon he is only holding out for the £2mill becuase he has leverage with the Milner deal, take that away and he has no leverage !!

Bobbins said:
Could City not insist on SI being a separate deal to the Milner one??? Pay Villa what they want for Milner and get the deal done, Then tell villa to make a formal offer for Ierland and let them sort it out,I reackon he is only holding out for the £2mill becuase he has leverage with the Milner deal, take that away and he has no leverage !!

Great idea but would Villa agree to it? If I was Randy Lerner and City propsed this I'd be worried about the valuation City would place on Ireland as a stand alone transfer. Then again they could agree to the prices beforehand but I feel Lerner isn't keen on making this an easy ride for City.

We made a balls up not tying this up before the season. Now Lerner has sat in front of 'his people' and his star player has played a 9 or 10/10.

He's now puffed out his chest and we're fu****.

Big Ned said:
We made a balls up not tying this up before the season. Now Lerner has sat in front of 'his people' and his star player has played a 9 or 10/10.

He's now puffed out his chest and we're fu****.

To be honest I think its all an act from Lerner. He wants more money and can use that performance yesterday to back his argument. He can also point to his comments as back up if Villa fans kick off when Milner is sold. He said we have broken the rules but he won't complain to the FA. Very convienient. He's not complaining becuase he's happy selling. I believe this will go through and Ireland will go the other way, recieving much less than the £2 million he's asking for. If it was up to me he wouldn't be getting a fucking penny!

Ireland should not be going IMO. But if Mancini doesn't want to name him in the 25 then I guess he's best off to go. But given that he did not engineer this move, it was purely the club then he should receive whatever pay-offs are written into his contract.

If City stick him in the reserves then I think his legal representatives should bring the club, the FA, Uefa and Fifa to court. A new law has been introduced that has impacted players ability to make a living. He may get paid in the reserves but he's not getting a chance to prove his worth to any future empoloyer (once his City contract completes).

This new law is oing to leave a lot of casualities in it's wake. All in the name of England producing great young players. What a farce?

Ireland deserves as much loyality from us as does the club. It's like you mother and your sister fighting. You can't take sides can you?

(By the way I don't see the same arguement being made for Given. He will be named in the 25. If he wants to go that his decision and he deserves nothing from City)

Ireland is just not that good. End. We just want him instead of Milner because he's been here since the age of 16. Ireland didn't have a game like Milner had yesterday in 2 seasons.

i just dont see this getting done. villa want too much, ireland wants too much.

THIS

Mmmm Milner played very very well yesterday. Having seen how mancini wants to play away from home and against the top teams we do need him now IMO.

Clearly in an ideal world in the tough games Mancini would like to play :

---------------Hart------------------

Boatang--K Toure--Kompany--Koralov

Milner----De Jong----Yaya------Barry

---------------Silva-----------------

--------------Tevez-----------------

As we saw yesterday those 3 holding player are only going to work really if we have a 110% player in there as well that can link play with Silva and Tevez, offer some creativity and also get some goals.

Its a really difficult one this even more so than Lescott last season IMO. Ireland doesnt want to leave, he doesnt want to go to villa. On massive wages still got 4 years left on his deal. Other clubs wont pay it or the fee we want. His form has been poor for over a season.

Villa have lost their manager over Milner, the owner is now closing ranks and doesnt want any more bad news or unsettling of the fans and club.

Milner wants away it would seem, but like Ireland is a good lad and wont kick up a fuss. Then there is the fee and package Villa and Ireland are demanding - £10 - £15 million more than Milners real world value without us involved.

Villa have made it clear they are going to play him and be damned. They dont even have a manager at the moment, just looks very difficult for this deal to happen now. Really can see this deal not happening.

alera said:
i just dont see this getting done. villa want too much, ireland wants too much.

THIS

Mmmm Milner played very very well yesterday. Having seen how mancini wants to play away from home and against the top teams we do need him now IMO.

Clearly in an ideal world in the tough games Mancini would like to play :

Milner----De Jong----Yaya------Barry

---------------Silva-----------------

--------------Tevez-----------------

As we saw yesterday those 3 holding player are only going to work really if we have a 110% player in there as well that can link play with Silva and Tevez, offer some creativity and also get some goals.

Its a really difficult one this even more so than Lescott last season IMO. Ireland doesnt want to leave, he doesnt want to go to villa. On massive wages still got 4 years left on his deal. Other clubs wont pay it or the fee we want. His form has been poor for over a season.

Villa have lost their manager over Milner, the owner is now closing ranks and doesnt want any more bad news or unsettling of the fans and club.

Milner wants away it would seem, but like Ireland is a good lad and wont kick up a fuss. Then there is the fee and package Villa and Ireland are demanding - £10 - £15 million more than Milners real world value without us involved.

Villa have made it clear they are going to play him and be damned. They dont even have a manager at the moment, just looks very difficult for this deal to happen now. Really can see this deal not happening.

that team is solid but it is not good enough to go and consistently win games. there is a distinct lack of pace about the side, and tevez up front on his own is not good. Tevez wants to buzz about here there and everywhere as oppose to playing straight through the centre, isolating him there takes so much good of his game away. i would like to think we will go 2 up top in the majority of matches this season, particularly at home.

Its clear from how he lined up against Spurs yesterday that is the sort of team he wants to play in difficult games against the top sides and away from home.

Its not the team I would pick but thats defiantely the way Mancini is going in those type of matches so dont be surprised to see it. The aim as yesterday is clearly to not get beaten by teams like Chelsea, Rags, Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool away.

At home and in the easier games I would expect him to go for something like :

-----Milner----De Jong----Yaya------

-----------Tevez---Silva------------

----------------Ade-----------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.