Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimma said:
Marvin said:
MEN reporting that Milner deal maybe done today.

Who knows if it's speculative or informed

http://menmedia.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1313981_city_boss_to_face_unhappy_stars

this bit

"On the incoming side of the transfer market, City are hoping to complete the £24m signing of James Milner today and will unveil £23m striker Mario Balotelli, signed from European champions Inter Milan, on Tuesday."

havent we already unveiled balotelli?
Not to the press. Though why we should bother speaking to them I don't know

Marvin said:
Jimma said:
this bit

"On the incoming side of the transfer market, City are hoping to complete the £24m signing of James Milner today and will unveil £23m striker Mario Balotelli, signed from European champions Inter Milan, on Tuesday."

havent we already unveiled balotelli?
Not to the press. Though why we should bother speaking to them I don't know

i was also thinking

maybe they assumed it would be revealed today because mancini said 2-3 days. todays the 3rd day yeah?

I might have said this before so apologies for going over old ground but I believe he is the final piece in the midfield jigsaw. I also believe once he is signed that we will always play with three of the so called defensive midfield players on our books.

So it is play any three from these

Milner, Barry, Yaya, NDJ, Vierra and MJ (when fit)

He will also play three up front so you can play any three from these

Ade, Robinho, Tevez, Silva, Jo, RSC, AJ SWP

I believe that is the Mancini way the idea of playing more offensive attacking sides does not enter the mind of our Berto he will ensure first and foremost that we don't lose a game. Only my thoughts.

leewill31 said:
V MYSTERYMAN said:
Just on the Barry thing class footballer better footballer than Milner in my opinion just lacks pace to play in a two man central midfield . Has same attitude and brilliant professional . Can't believe though the stick he gets from a lot of City fans .

Re Ireland on the motorway hold my hands up on that one took it off another Villa poster who has normally got good contacts seems it jumped the gun .

What I have said about the deal is nailed on depends on Ireland or it won't happen this window .

well said that man!

^^^ This, he seems to be conducting himself in a very professional way, especially with regards to squad rotation, other players should take heed and stop whining about missing the odd game here and there.

Rammyblues said:
I might have said this before so apologies for going over old ground but I believe he is the final piece in the midfield jigsaw. I also believe once he is signed that we will always play with three of the so called defensive midfield players on our books.

So it is play any three from these

Milner, Barry, Yaya, NDJ, Vierra and MJ (when fit)

He will also play three up front so you can play any three from these

Ade, Robinho, Tevez, Silva, Jo, RSC, AJ SWP

I believe that is the Mancini way the idea of playing more offensive attacking sides does not enter the mind of our Berto he will ensure first and foremost that we don't lose a game. Only my thoughts.

would you not say barry,milner,vieira and yaya are more central than defensive though,i believe our only true defensive midfileder is de jong but if required any of the 2 of barry and yaya can fill in if required?

_____________de jong_____________

_____yaya______________barry_____

From what I've seen Barry's best days are behind him, we had them.

Milner's best days are ahead of him and you'll have them.

Milner will be better than Barry is.

FishFoot said:

far from behind him but i agree milner will imho be better than barry but not this season barry still edges him out on experience,i made a bold statement concerning milner and i will stick by it that by this time next year id say he will be as good as lampard imho.

leewill31 said:
FishFoot said:

far from behind him but i agree milner will imho be better than barry but not this season barry still edges him out on experience,i made a bold statement concerning milner and i will stick by it that by this time next year id say he will be as good as lampard imho.

hope you are right, as long as you mean he will be as good as Lampard is for Chelsea and not England!

tonethestone said:
leewill31 said:

hope you are right, as long as you mean he will be as good as Lampard is for Chelsea and not England!

age old debate this one but in time milner may not have the trouble that lampard and gerrard have playing together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.