Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
FishFoot said:
From what I've seen Barry's best days are behind him, we had them.

Milner's best days are ahead of him and you'll have them.

Milner will be better than Barry is.

Not sure think Barry could play till he is 36 he has never been quick but got a very good footballing brain which enables him to read the game so well and rarely gives the ball away and keeps the ball moving.
When he played as a sweeper in a back 3 as good as anybody I have seen and could play there all day long .

V MYSTERYMAN said:
FishFoot said:
From what I've seen Barry's best days are behind him, we had them.

Milner's best days are ahead of him and you'll have them.

Milner will be better than Barry is.

Not sure think Barry could play till he is 36 he has never been quick but got a very good footballing brain which enables him to read the game so well and rarely gives the ball away and keeps the ball moving.
When he played as a sweeper in a back 3 as good as anybody I have seen and could play there all day long .

Agree! Barry get's a lot of unfair criticism.

What's the latest down there?

levets said:
V MYSTERYMAN said:

Nothing from my end but Gaztonvilla who has a reilable source has been told tomorrow but then again same source said Ireland was on the motorway.
I think who blinks first between Ireland and Cook now . Villa don't want to sell and don't need the money its other players they would like to move on but if we aint going to spend anything this window now then we will wait .

Robbo. said:
why keep an unhappy player?

Millner wants out...so let him go

You obviously didn't see him play Saturday ? If you want Milner that bad then why not pay Ireland the 2 million . It's the same arguement isn't it maybe Milner is more valued by Villa than he is by City ???

V MYSTERYMAN said:
levets said:

Nothing from my end but Gaztonvilla who has a reilable source has been told tomorrow but then again same source said Ireland was on the motorway.
I think who blinks first between Ireland and Cook now . Villa don't want to sell and don't need the money its other players they would like to move on but if we aint going to spend anything this window now then we will wait .

You say Villa won't accept just cash for Milner and that Ireland has to be part of the deal because just cash won't leave you enough time to find a replacement, does that mean then you believe you won't buy anybody this window? Persumably if you have time to find a striker for example, then you'd have time to find a replacement midfielder?? Would you have accepted just cash if MON was still there? Suppose the question is who would do the buying. I personally think our owners bourght Robbie and look at how that's turned out!

Rammyblues said:
I might have said this before so apologies for going over old ground but I believe he is the final piece in the midfield jigsaw. I also believe once he is signed that we will always play with three of the so called defensive midfield players on our books.

So it is play any three from these

Milner, Barry, Yaya, NDJ, Vierra and MJ (when fit)

He will also play three up front so you can play any three from these

Ade, Robinho, Tevez, Silva, Jo, RSC, AJ SWP

I believe that is the Mancini way the idea of playing more offensive attacking sides does not enter the mind of our Berto he will ensure first and foremost that we don't lose a game. Only my thoughts.
I think your right there with the 433 he could change the formation to a 442 mid match. Plus we have Balotelli to add to the up front list.

Does anyone think we need another CB like Luiz?

V MYSTERYMAN said:
Robbo. said:
why keep an unhappy player?

Millner wants out...so let him go

You obviously didn't see him play Saturday ? If you want Milner that bad then why not pay Ireland the 2 million . It's the same arguement isn't it maybe Milner is more valued by Villa than he is by City ???

Utter bollocks. There isn't a club in the world who would pay more than £20M for Milner. The only reason he is priced so high is because it's City who are in for him.
I've even seen some complete tards from Villatalk say that you should sell him to Utd for less.

I dont understand why anyone thinks there are negotiations between Ireland and City regarding a settlement fee.

That will be in his contract...ie the remainder of the salary he could have earned, or whatever. It'll be in black and white...thats not something to be negotiated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.