Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
stony said:
V MYSTERYMAN said:
You obviously didn't see him play Saturday ? If you want Milner that bad then why not pay Ireland the 2 million . It's the same arguement isn't it maybe Milner is more valued by Villa than he is by City ???

Utter bollocks. There isn't a club in the world who would pay more than £20M for Milner. The only reason he is priced so high is because it's City who are in for him.
I've even seen some complete tards from Villatalk say that you should sell him to Utd for less.

tards.. lol.

bluelassie said:
V MYSTERYMAN said:
Nothing from my end but Gaztonvilla who has a reilable source has been told tomorrow but then again same source said Ireland was on the motorway.
I think who blinks first between Ireland and Cook now . Villa don't want to sell and don't need the money its other players they would like to move on but if we aint going to spend anything this window now then we will wait .

You say Villa won't accept just cash for Milner and that Ireland has to be part of the deal because just cash won't leave you enough time to find a replacement, does that mean then you believe you won't buy anybody this window? Persumably if you have time to find a striker for example, then you'd have time to find a replacement midfielder?? Would you have accepted just cash if MON was still there? Suppose the question is who would do the buying. I personally think our owners bourght Robbie and look at how that's turned out!

Yes 100 percent he won't go in this window unless Ireland comes the other way because we won't let him go without a replacement coming in. The problem is who is availiable for Villa in this window at this late stage Ireland is the best and only real option .
MON wanted a cash only 30 mill deal he didn't like cash plus player deal but it was going nowhere and he had to concede on that but as far back as June Villa wanted Ireland so its not as if he was being forced on us ! Latest update no contact from you and providing he is fit Milner plays in Vienna on Thursday

AlexWilliamsGloves said:
I dont understand why anyone thinks there are negotiations between Ireland and City regarding a settlement fee.

That will be in his contract...ie the remainder of the salary he could have earned, or whatever. It'll be in black and white...thats not something to be negotiated

There speaks a man with little or no experience of dealing with lawyers ;-)

I have never met a lawyer who wouldn't be happy to claim black was white whilst there was a fee or some potential gain in it for them.

stony said:
V MYSTERYMAN said:
You obviously didn't see him play Saturday ? If you want Milner that bad then why not pay Ireland the 2 million . It's the same arguement isn't it maybe Milner is more valued by Villa than he is by City ???

Utter bollocks. There isn't a club in the world who would pay more than £20M for Milner. The only reason he is priced so high is because it's City who are in for him.
I've even seen some complete tards from Villatalk say that you should sell him to Utd for less.

Fair point regarding the 20 mill and it's only a 1 horse race and look people will talk from emotion . I would rather he goes to you because we get top dollar for him . Simple as that .

V MYSTERYMAN said:
bluelassie said:
You say Villa won't accept just cash for Milner and that Ireland has to be part of the deal because just cash won't leave you enough time to find a replacement, does that mean then you believe you won't buy anybody this window? Persumably if you have time to find a striker for example, then you'd have time to find a replacement midfielder?? Would you have accepted just cash if MON was still there? Suppose the question is who would do the buying. I personally think our owners bourght Robbie and look at how that's turned out!

Yes 100 percent he won't go in this window unless Ireland comes the other way because we won't let him go without a replacement coming in. The problem is who is availiable for Villa in this window at this late stage Ireland is the best and only real option .
MON wanted a cash only 30 mill deal he didn't like cash plus player deal but it was going nowhere and he had to concede on that but as far back as June Villa wanted Ireland so its not as if he was being forced on us ! Latest update no contact from you and providing he is fit Milner plays in Vienna on Thursday

Think it will be done tonight/tomorrow. I heard that Ireland was meeting with advisors/city today. Source thinks it's too far down the line to be pulled.. ???

V MYSTERYMAN said:
bluelassie said:

..."providing he is fit..." sounds interesting!! Throw a sickie!! Time will tell eh

V MYSTERYMAN said:
stony said:

Fair point regarding the 20 mill and it's only a 1 horse race and look people will talk from emotion . I would rather he goes to you because we get top dollar for him . Simple as that .

That's fair enough, unlike some of the other Villa fans who would rather cut off their nose to spite their face.
I really hope it's sorted sooner rather than later. Although I have a feeling he will still be a Villa player come September.

What about the rumours that Villa are in shit street financially, is there any truth in them ?

I did hear somewhere that all the money Lerner has put into Villa is in the way of a loan and he currently pockets £4M a year in interest payments from the club.

Why is Ireland or bust as far as Villa are concerned? I can understand that they would need a replacement for Milner, but they are not similar types of midfielder and it's not as if Villa have not had the whole of the Summer to line up a replacement midfielder, or targets in other positions.

More likely Mr Lerner wants to pocket the cash, and thinks he can get a better deal for ireland through exchanging Milner. He's playing a dangerous game. I can see Villa appointing this reserve team manager, and although they won at the weekend, I really can only see Villa going backwards unless they invest in the club. Martin O'Neil is an outstanding manager who got the absolute maximum out of the players he had. I can't imagine another manager doing better with the same squad

Marvin said:
Martin O'Neil is an outstanding manager who got the absolute maximum out of the players he had. I can't imagine another manager doing better with the same squad

I don't see MON as anything other than an average manager. His win percentage was lower than John Gregory's.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:15 pm --<br /><br />Just seen this on 606

See previous posts by myself on this.

The same source of information who said It was looking like it was not going to happen has now informed me James Milner has decided to stay at Aston Villa and review his contract.

Randy Learner has started proceedings against Man City !

And previous such behaviours have lead to transfer bans!

I hope this is true!

Watch this space

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A73059005" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A73059005</a>

stony said:
V MYSTERYMAN said:

I disagree, Villa wouldn't sell him to another club for £20 million, Villa have not put him on the market. He is valuable to Villa, very valuable. If you remember the beggining of the summer we offererd Milner another contract of £75k a week. We can put whatever price we want on our player, we put £30m on to you guys for one reason, we have never gone out there wanting to sell him, and the other reason is to replace Milner we would need a lot of money in this football climate. He means a lot to the team, it would always take a big offer from any club.

This is another reason why we need Ireland in the deal because he is probably one of the best midfielders available on the transfer market right now, and we want first dibs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.