Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city make milner bid (SSN)

samharris said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
In fairness Viera rolled back the years that day, he looked fantastic, so much so i wanted him to start against Spurs

Quick mate get over to your own forum...gollum has put a bid in for cardiff's joe ledley.. :)

smashing!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA, you got me mixed up with that Everton lad, thats because his name like mine, but i will let you off this once

BoyBlue_1985 said:
samharris said:
Quick mate get over to your own forum...gollum has put a bid in for cardiff's joe ledley.. :)

smashing!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA, you got me mixed up with that Everton lad, thats because his name like mine, but i will let you off this once

Once ?? how very dare you.. :*)

MadBlokesRants said:
Just been on bbc news: milner will wait till after wc to decide on his future

No suprise, however I thought he would want to solve it before the wc and enf the speculation. After the wc he is going to want a holiday/rest and it would be close to needing the submission for the europa league teams

the fact he hasnt said no he's staying at Villa suggests he's at least interested

MadBlokesRants said:
Just been on bbc news: milner will wait till after wc to decide on his future

Hmmm i wonder how this fits with city's plans? I think James Milner might have just fcuked up his chances of coming here. Roberto wants his targets early!

Edit: Most people are probably expecting a lescott saga but i get the feeling city might show they are not mugs in this deal and walk away.

To be fair to him, he is probably hoping he has an outstanding World cup in the hope he flushes out Chelsea's interest as well to give him as many bargaining chips as possible. Can't really argue with it.

One thing I would be certain about is that he wont be at Villa by August. He is talking about them in a past tense in his interview.

svennis pennis said:
To be fair to him, he is probably hoping he has an outstanding World cup in the hope he flushes out Chelsea's interest as well to give him as many bargaining chips as possible. Can't really argue with it.

One thing I would be certain about is that he wont be at Villa by August. He is talking about them in a past tense in his interview.

Correct........

I know its the Daily Fail but.....................

James Milner hints at Manchester City move by declaring: 'I don't know if I'll be at Aston Villa next season'

James Milner moved closer to joining Manchester City last night after declaring he was uncertain of his future at Aston Villa and driven by a desire to win trophies.

On a day when Villa rejected a £20million bid for Milner from big-spending City, the 24-year-old declined the invitation to commit his future to his current club.

Asked if he would still be a Villa player next season, he said: ‘I don’t know.’ He then gave further encouragement to City — believed to be preparing an increased offer — when he said his chief ambition was to end his career with a room full of silverware.

‘That’s what I’m in football to do,’ he said. ‘To win trophies. That’s my No 1 aim for club and country. When I finish my career, I want to be able to go into my trophy room and see winner’s medals. I want to be as successful as I can be. We came close twice with Villa this season.’

Villa are willing to bring forward talks with Milner over a potential new contract, in a bid to ward off City’s interest. Owner Randy Lerner insisted only last week that the club would wait until after the World Cup in South Africa before opening negotiations.
City target: Villa turned down a £20m bid for James Milner on Wednesday evening

City target: Villa turned down a £20m bid for James Milner on Wednesday evening

But now they are prepared to speak to the midfielder before he jets off with England.

Villa have a two-day window of opportunity after England’s friendly in Graz against Japan on May 30 in which to discuss an improved deal.

However, speaking at England’s training camp in Austria, Milner said the situation might not be resolved until after the World Cup.
Race against time: Milner could fill Barry's boots if the midfielder doesn't recover in time for the World Cup

Race against time: Milner could fill Barry's boots if the midfielder doesn't recover in time for the World Cup

‘I was concentrating on Villa and I am now concentrating on England,’ he said. ‘I’m here to stake as good a claim as I can to get on the plane to the World Cup.

‘When I finished the season at Villa, I said we’d discuss it after the World Cup. I have enjoyed my time at Villa. It’s a great club to be at. We are moving forward in the right direction. We’ve had a good season. We finished with a higher points total than last year in the League.’

City midfielder Gareth Barry, meanwhile, insists treatment on his ankle is going well and he is hopeful of making the cut for South Africa.

Barry said: ‘I’ve been having regular sessions with the medical staff at Carrington and they are pleased with how things are going.

‘I’m feeling positive still and the medical staff are being brilliant — they are doing everything they can to help me.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.