Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city make milner bid (SSN)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chorleybloo123 said:
Haha. It was a miraculous performance by Barry. ;)

Ha ha - Granted, it was so miraculous, he morphed into Vieira.

Which is a little worrying, because Pat is even slower than Barry!!

In fairness Viera rolled back the years that day, he looked fantastic, so much so i wanted him to start against Spurs

BoyBlue_1985 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Ha ha - Granted, it was so miraculous, he morphed into Vieira.

Which is a little worrying, because Pat is even slower than Barry!!

In fairness Viera rolled back the years that day, he looked fantastic, so much so i wanted him to start against Spurs

Quick mate get over to your own forum...gollum has put a bid in for cardiff's joe ledley.. :)

smashing!!

I posted this earlier but it got caught up in the approval process so wanted to repost and get your proper attention :)

Morning all..

Villa fan, I come in peace. Hope you don't mind a Villa perspective on this?

First of all, please please please just go away. That's my first instinctive reaction to this.

Milner is the player that we should be building the Villa side around for the next 5 years. Martin O'Neill is a canny operator, he knew he wanted Milner as soon as he became Villa manager. Initially Newcastle pulled the plug on the deal at the last minute. Eventually MON got his man. I'm sure that MON's plan the whole time was to mould Milner into a central midfielder.

Milner started on the right wing for us and gave us great balance. His solidity and work rate was perfect on that side, while Ashley Young was his usual tricky pacey self on the left. This year MON moved him into the centre and, immediately, you could see Milner was perfect for the role.

For those of you who say Milner has only had one good season, you are in part right. But, let me put it this way. I think Milner has only had one excellent season. All his previous seasons were good, solid, unspectacular. This season he has been the heartbeat of our side.

Bought for £12m, I think £20m now greatly undervalues him.

Don't pay £20m for the Milner of last season or of previous seasons. Think of it as for the player that Milner is about to become because I truly believe that he is about to become an incredible player.

He has developed his ability to see a pass significantly. His work rate is an example to all around him, he has boundless energy. He is the consummate professional. He doesn't drink, he says he has plenty of time for drinking when he retires. He shuns the Hollywood lifestyle that follows footballers these days. Milner will never be on the front pages unless he scores the winner in the World Cup Final this year.

So, to sum up... Please please please just go away. We can't afford to lose James Milner. We definitely can't afford to lose him to you, competing as we are for the same 4th spot next year (although I'm sure you will have loftier ambitions than that).

If you won't go away, I expect Martin O'Neill and Randy Lerner to make this deal as lucrative for us as possible. In MON I trust, especially after the way he handled the Gareth Barry Liverpool saga. I just hope he can make us a better team again if we lose Milner, I'm just not sure those shoes are as easily filled.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
The fact f the matter is Milner must be pretty decent and had a better year than Ireland last season because he won Young player of the year which means most premiership players and managers think he is the best young talent in football. Dont know bout you lot but if the Preiership players and managers think he best young talent then he deffo good enough for our team. Or shall we just buy hamsik because he has a fancy name but is probably no better than Milner

Hold on... is that by any chance the same people that voted Ryan Giggs to be PLAYER OF THE YEAR the season before although he only started, what, 9 games that year?

If so... your argument is invalid, the award means jackshit.

Ireland should have gotten it last season but came 4th and Agbonlahor got it (if I remember correctly) FFS!

Holtey said:
I posted this earlier but it got caught up in the approval process so wanted to repost and get your proper attention :)

Morning all..

First of all, please please please just go away. That's my first instinctive reaction to this.

Milner is the player that we should be building the Villa side around for the next 5 years. Martin O'Neill is a canny operator, he knew he wanted Milner as soon as he became Villa manager. Initially Newcastle pulled the plug on the deal at the last minute. Eventually MON got his man. I'm sure that MON's plan the whole time was to mould Milner into a central midfielder.

Milner started on the right wing for us and gave us great balance. His solidity and work rate was perfect on that side, while Ashley Young was his usual tricky pacey self on the left. This year MON moved him into the centre and, immediately, you could see Milner was perfect for the role.

For those of you who say Milner has only had one good season, you are in part right. But, let me put it this way. I think Milner has only had one excellent season. All his previous seasons were good, solid, unspectacular. This season he has been the heartbeat of our side.

Don't pay £20m for the Milner of last season or of previous seasons. Think of it as for the player that Milner is about to become because I truly believe that he is about to become an incredible player.

He has developed his ability to see a pass significantly. His work rate is an example to all around him, he has boundless energy. He is the consummate professional. He doesn't drink, he says he has plenty of time for drinking when he retires. He shuns the Hollywood lifestyle that follows footballers these days. Milner will never be on the front pages unless he scores the winner in the World Cup Final this year.

So, to sum up... Please please please just go away. We can't afford to lose James Milner. We definitely can't afford to lose him to you, competing as we are for the same 4th spot next year (although I'm sure you will have loftier ambitions than that).

If you won't go away, I expect Martin O'Neill and Randy Lerner to make this deal as lucrative for us as possible. In MON I trust, especially after the way he handled the Gareth Barry Liverpool saga. I just hope he can make us a better team again if we lose Milner, I'm just not sure those shoes are as easily filled.

I'll pass your wishes on to Sheikh Mansour but i can't promise anything!

avoidconfusion said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
The fact f the matter is Milner must be pretty decent and had a better year than Ireland last season because he won Young player of the year which means most premiership players and managers think he is the best young talent in football. Dont know bout you lot but if the Preiership players and managers think he best young talent then he deffo good enough for our team. Or shall we just buy hamsik because he has a fancy name but is probably no better than Milner

Hold on... is that by any chance the same people that voted Ryan Giggs to be PLAYER OF THE YEAR the season before although he only started, what, 9 games that year?

If so... your argument is invalid, the award means jackshit.

Ireland should have gotten it last season but came 4th and Agbonlahor got it (if I remember correctly) FFS!

And Fabregas should of won it this year. As you say FFS!!!! x 10

avoidconfusion said:

Nope, Ashley Young.

Holtey said:

Morning all..

Welcome mate and here is my reply.

I highly rate Milner as a class class player. Hes quick, strong, great engine and 2 wonderful feet and hes also English and i would love him at City.

I do feel in a way sorry for you because if Milner was our player and you had the money then i wud be like please just piss off.

But you have to let the lad do what he wants because he must sit there and think okay are Villa likely to win the league? No. Are City likely to win the league? Next season probably not but the year after yes.

If he moves to city then this is where he can become the best mate. And SSN just said they will be hearing from him within the next hour so that will interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.