Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly I am ecstatic that Milner will finally be joining us. Will fit in the team perfectly, and his energy was badly needed.

Secondly, to the Villa fans ribbing me... Lets face it Ireland didn't want to join a second rate club. He was forced into submission by City whom told him in no uncertain terms he would rot in the reserves for a year if he didn't take the move. What was he supposed to do, seriously ?

I stated yesterday that it was looking increasingly likely he may have no other choice. In football things change from day to day. Infact I have been exchanging PM's with Tolmie early this morning and we actually agreed it was looking more and more likely he would go to Villa due to the Citys stance.

Last week Ireland to Villa looked like a no-go, but as i say things change.

Well done young man (Dodds) PM me your details, got a bonus last week so more than happy to pay up.

Welcome James Milner.

I'm just glad the saga is nearly over. Yes, we'll miss Jimmy who is a very good player but it represents a great deal for the club with extra money and Stephen Ireland. Who I hope like Richard Dunne last season has a point to prove. Unlike Barry I wish Milner well, after Saturday he's earned my respect more.

Good luck with the rest of the season lads.

mlsTay said:
sell Stephen Ireland
hope mancini will Sack and leave city

Another mentally challenged user. Have you not gathered that Ireland is part of the milner deal? And to comment on the last line of your pearl of wisdom, you hope he will sack and leave? That makes no sense at all. If you're trying to incite a bit of flaming you need to be posting stuff worthy of an argument rather than being picked apart and made to look like a clown.

Hope this helps

Bunk said:
There’s something SERIOUSLY WRONG with English football when Mesut Ozil can be bought for 12m but James Milner no less than 28m.

Agreed totally. An average signing at best and not worth more than 18m even for being English. He's the least exciting by a mile of our signings this summer and in the end will be just about the most expensive. That being said, welcome to MCFC James. I hope you make the best of the situation and shine for us.

I think Balotelli and Kolarov will be the key acquisitions this summer. Silva will need a while to adapt to the pace and strength of the PL but should do well in the other competitions. Yaya Toure will be class but his fitness shows that he didn't play much last year, as he's at least a good 2 months from being match fit. Boateng will look impressive coming down the stretch but appears to be out a month to start the season so that will delay his progress.

Good window overall this summer but I really hope this is the end of it as far as incoming players. We still have a few to offload and I think we could be surprised by 1 or 2 of them based on rumors out there. Gutted to see that we are keeping Shaleum Logan instead of Ireland as a club trained player for the Europa League. The only place Logan's name should have ever appeared at MCFC was on the transfer list.

macmanson said:
Bunk said:
There’s something SERIOUSLY WRONG with English football when Mesut Ozil can be bought for 12m but James Milner no less than 28m.

Agreed totally. An average signing at best and not worth more than 18m even for being English. He's the least exciting by a mile of our signings this summer and in the end will be just about the most expensive. That being said, welcome to MCFC James. I hope you make the best of the situation and shine for us.

I think Balotelli and Kolarov will be the key acquisitions this summer. Silva will need a while to adapt to the pace and strength of the PL but should do well in the other competitions. Yaya Toure will be class but his fitness shows that he didn't play much last year, as he's at least a good 2 months from being match fit. Boateng will look impressive coming down the stretch but appears to be out a month to start the season so that will delay his progress.

Good window overall this summer but I really hope this is the end of it as far as incoming players. We still have a few to offload and I think we could be surprised by 1 or 2 of them based on rumors out there. Gutted to see that we are keeping Shaleum Logan instead of Ireland as a club trained player for the Europa League. The only place Logan's name should have ever appeared at MCFC was on the transfer list.
Ozil was in the final year of his contract

villadude said:
I'm just glad the saga is nearly over. Yes, we'll miss Jimmy who is a very good player but it represents a great deal for the club with extra money and Stephen Ireland. Who I hope like Richard Dunne last season has a point to prove. Unlike Barry I wish Milner well, after Saturday he's earned my respect more.

Good luck with the rest of the season lads.
Same to you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.