Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milner Will Cost 30 million

when i first heard milners name I fought we'd have ourselves a gem there but now I've heard about yaya and martinez i feel we wouldn't need him . He's versatile yes but i feel yaya and martinez could dominate and control a midfield whereas milner well I haven't seen him alot would he dominate the midfield . The last post was true at eastlands and mexico the 2 times ive properly seen him he was lost in the game , little impact . Against mexico when he moved more over to the left he did alot better tho but I dont feel he is for us and for 30 million , not a chance

We should come up with a list of midfielders that we think are better than Milner and would cost less.

I can already think of two:

Marin and Ozil

I've gone off Milner, as mentioned he wasn't great at Eastlands and was almost invisible against Mexico. Martinez would be my first choice but Toure, Ozil and Marin are all options.

bluemonkey71 said:
He aint worth it.

Seconded.

-- Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:55 pm --

kenzie115 said:
I've gone off Milner, as mentioned he wasn't great at Eastlands and was almost invisible against Mexico. Martinez would be my first choice but Toure, Ozil and Marin are all options.

We're fine for defensive midfielders thank you very much...

Cambridgeblue said:
bluemonkey71 said:
He aint worth it.

Seconded.

-- Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:55 pm --

kenzie115 said:

We're fine for defensive midfielders thank you very much...

Toure's only been used in the holding role whilst at Barcelona, at Olympiakos and Monaco he was a driving box-to-box midfielder, the likes of which we need. He'd provide energy in the middle. Barca don't use driving midfielders as their style is reliant on lots of possession and slowly breaking teams down.

Rammyblues said:
He is better than what we have, money is no object, chill.

Is he though? Really?

One good season does not a £30m player make...

Rammyblues said:
He is better than what we have, money is no object, chill.

Money is no object for us (sort of, we obviously won't want to be paying over the odds forever) but it is for our rivals, giving Villa £30m will allow them to replace Milner and more.

IMO yes, he can play anywhere across midfield especially on LHS midfield thereby enabling bridge to get forward without weakening defence lost count of how many goals we conceeded from that side of play. Don't see us operating with two out and out wide players. If we have a box to box player (Toure) in front of bridge it allows manager to dispense with wingers altogether and use attacking full backs without compromising defence

Could be

NDJ Barry Toure (Y) Milner

Rammyblues said:
IMO yes, he can play anywhere across midfield especially on LHS midfield thereby enabling bridge to get forward without weakening defence lost count of how many goals we conceeded from that side of play. Don't see us operating with two out and out wide players. If we have a box to box player (Toure) in front of bridge it allows manager to dispense with wingers altogether and use attacking full backs without compromising defence

Could be

NDJ Barry Toure (Y) Milner

No Johnson? Would rather see

----------------- De Jong ---------------
------ Yaya Toure ------- Martinez ------
----------------- Johnson ---------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.