Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milner Will Cost 30 million

Milner will be the best English midfielder in the next 5 years, that is why I am happy to pay a premium if it means signing him up now

Id rather City pay 30 million to ibra or dzeko to be honest ! 30 million for Milner is just a rip off ! in my opinion 18 million at the most ! 20 million is also a rip off but due to our situation ill accept that.

avoidconfusion said:
Marvin said:
Not in my book. Wasn't he PFA young player of the Year? Takes something to win that if you don't play for Utd etc

Does it? Then why did Ryan Giggs win Player of the season despite only making what, 9 starts? Voted by the same people.

Why did Stephen Ireland not win Young Player of the year last year but Young did and Ireland only finished 4th?

Because the award means fuck all imho.

the answers in the question :)

Why on earth should we pay 30 million for a player who has had one very good season. Maybe after 2-3 quality seasons then we should shell out that type of money. If we could get hold of him and replicates last seasons form, i know its a long shot, but i can definitely see us as genuine title contenders.

not a massive fan to be honest never rated him but to be fair to the lad he had a good year last year and if bobby man wants him il support him all the way.

If Villa want £30m we should walk away. He isn't and never will be worth that much IMO.

Not sure why people get so worked up about fees? I'm happy for Khaldoon and co to pay whatever they feel is necessary, and then form an opinion later about whether or not they got good value ie Crocky = get to fuck, Bellers = great bit of business. Both of those fees were met by much wailing and gnashing of teeth on here. It's their money, and if they're happy to spend... People will stand or fall based on their recommendations of fees (as I suspect Hughes did) so I doubt anyone will be rushing to pay ludicrously over the odds again soon!

Is Milner worth £30m? I doubt it. Is that what we will have to pay to get him? Possibly, especially as Villa didn't want to sell. Do we want him that much? We're about to find out!

One thing's for sure though, he's a better player than some are giving him credit for. He's not the finished article yet, but he's English so helps with the quota and has the potential to get much better very quickly. Had a great end to last season too. And a bit better than GazBaz already IMO.

That said, he's no Yaya.

I would rather we pay 25m for Milner (and not a penny more) rather than offering Superman, Micah or Nedum in part exchange. These players can still serve the club well. Don't forget we may have to play over 60 competitive games next season and won't want our star players (eg.Tevez) starting more than 40 or they will be knackered before we reach the all important run-in at the end of the season.

lionheart said:
I would rather we pay 25m for Milner (and not a penny more) rather than offering Superman, Micah or Nedum in part exchange. These players can still serve the club well. Don't forget we may have to play over 60 competitive games next season and won't want our star players (eg.Tevez) starting more than 40 or they will be knackered before we reach the all important run-in at the end of the season.

Sadly, I think Nedum has burned his bridges.

Also, I doubt Ireland will agree to stick around for an increasingly bit part role (which is all he deserves at the moment to be fair).

SalfordCityBlue said:
Not sure why people get so worked up about fees? I'm happy for Khaldoon and co to pay whatever they feel is necessary, and then form an opinion later about whether or not they got good value ie Crocky = get to fuck, Bellers = great bit of business. Both of those fees were met by much wailing and gnashing of teeth on here. It's their money, and if they're happy to spend... People will stand or fall based on their recommendations of fees (as I suspect Hughes did) so I doubt anyone will be rushing to pay ludicrously over the odds again soon!

Is Milner worth £30m? I doubt it. Is that what we will have to pay to get him? Possibly, especially as Villa didn't want to sell. Do we want him that much? We're about to find out!

One thing's for sure though, he's a better player than some are giving him credit for. He's not the finished article yet, but he's English so helps with the quota and has the potential to get much better very quickly. Had a great end to last season too. And a bit better than GazBaz already IMO.

That said, he's no Yaya.

Just for the record 16m for Bellamy was not good business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.