Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milner on verge of joining City for £28 Million

Blueranger said:
How do the mail define 'close' in light of Cappello stating very clearly that after a fixed point, which has elapsed, no player will be released for transfer deals until after the world cup?????

Manchester City have agreed with Villa and have put forward the contract offer to Milners agent I suppose. If this is what has happened then yes it's very close. Probably only lacking Milners signature.

avoidconfusion said:
mcfcliam said:
Who cares about the fee?

We'll never sign anyone with that attitude.

And we will never stop overpaying for average players with THAT attitude.

We're only going to stop overpaying for players when we have CL to offer. Before that, money is our ONLY bargaining chip. No top quality players are going to join our "Project" for the love of City.

dario2739 said:
To me this transfer (if it goes ahead) reminds me of the rags buying granny-shagger Shrek...

He was a promising youngster and they paid nearly £30mil, how many years ago and how many of the twats would say that was paying over the odds - and I genuinely think Milner could have just as big an impact for us in the coming years if he signs.

Rooney has turned into a World Class player , United have had him for 6 seasons already and could sell him now for £50m plus .....Milner is a good solid pro who has had a good 8 MONTHS in central midfield ,prior to that for Leeds/Newcastle and Villa he was an average left winger , will never be a Rooney/Lampard/Gerrard in my opinion.

ono said:
Goats left knee said:
get real you dicksplash's
he was a younger with talent failing to live up to his hype when Villa spent 12m on him.
he has just been voted the best young player in the premier league
the "future" of the national side (capello)
do you think we can get him for any less?? puh!

get him in! YES!!!!!!!!!
people thought Chelsea overpaid when the spent about 11m on Lamps!!
Great. We'll pay almost 3 times as much for a player nowhere near as good.

That was 7/8 years ago mate !!!
The world has gone mad with transfers over the past decade,so the valuation for a very good England Player is OK with me.
Don`t you trust the Owner and Khaldoon ?? Everyone was gushing about his superb interview that he gave on OS and people were saying what a brilliant Chairman we have.
Khaldoon and The Sheikh have obviously sanctioned the fee,so why worry.
Lamps turned into one of the best midfielders later on, than Milners 24 years of age and whether you like it or not so did Scholes !!
At least Milner does have PL knowledge.
Value for money if you ask me,assuming the Mail hasn`t fucked up again,like the other false dawns they`ve given us over the past few weeks.

The Fixer said:
28 mill is a big fee but he is English young proven and will only get better imo. I can see this being a ra-act of the bellamy threads in 18 months from now posters saying i can't believe i said that bla bla :O)
Yeah but proven at what? Just being alright, honest and versatile. Like Phil Neville.

Juventino said:
Blueranger said:
How do the mail define 'close' in light of Cappello stating very clearly that after a fixed point, which has elapsed, no player will be released for transfer deals until after the world cup?????

Manchester City have agreed with Villa and have put forward the contract offer to Milners agent I suppose. If this is what has happened then yes it's very close. Probably only lacking Milners signature.
sure that could be sorted in 2 mins!!!! fabio would never have to know!!

Cant understand why we arent more popular the amount of money we are giving other premiership clubs to strenghten their sides, who needs a transfer budget when they can just sell city a good player for daft money, oneill will probably go out and buy two or three good players with that wedge

Inzi said:
you're all deluded lol

He's average. You can't compare him to lampard and gerrard. We all knew they were special

Yeah he's a natural successor but ONLY because there's no one else

if you think this guy offers more than toure does to a midfield than i have nothing to say to you lol

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Milner and Toure. Midfield is a weak-point for us, especially if Ireland either goes or has another poor season, and Johnson (Michael) takes a while to get back to 100%.

alot of money but i dont care. he's a fucking good player and im sure if it happens he will prove an awful lot of people on here wrong, like oh whats his name...... craig something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.