Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arry is Bent said:
Dodds82 said:
There has been no talks between The Villa and Man City today and Milner will be on the plane out to Vienna with the rest of The Villa squad.
I eagerly anticipate my £150.00 arriving in my paypal account. Will PM you my details.

Thought Ireland was having a medical last week ?

That was the rumour. We pass on what we hear. The fact you’ve changed your tune suggests this.

What I have heard is that Milner had already agreed terms up at Man City and Ireland likewise at Villa. The issue has been an internal one for City.

Who knows if the recent developments are actually that. But either way, the lack of dialogue between the clubs is deafening and unless something happens early tomorrow, then Milner will be in Vienna. Whether that would be goodnight for the deal remians to be seen.

Dodds82 said:
Arry is Bent said:
I eagerly anticipate my £150.00 arriving in my paypal account. Will PM you my details.

Thought Ireland was having a medical last week ?

That was the rumour. We pass on what we hear. The fact you’ve changed your tune suggests this.

What I have heard is that Milner had already agreed terms up at Man City and Ireland likewise at Villa. The issue has been an internal one for City.

Who knows if the recent developments are actually that. But either way, the lack of dialogue between the clubs is deafening and unless something happens early tomorrow, then Milner will be in Vienna. Whether that would be goodnight for the deal remians to be seen.
Fair play and a decent reply. Things do change and if Ireland were to join AVFC I now wouldn't be suprised but I still do not see it happening. As long as you aren't going back on the bet which you clearly agreed to.

Dodds82 said:

not quite how these things work. you make a rough agreement.

villa and city say, we can do the deal for Ireland plus 16m.

then you sort out the details in line with that.

if the agent wants another 2m, then unless they both say, no chance, Villa and City are left 'fighting over the duvet'. It's happened in every deal we've done this year. A compromise is always reached, usually it seems that the agent/player realises there is nowhere to go between the two clubs, they have to be the ones who compromise if the deal is to go through. there's always a lot of brinkmanship involved. but the two clubs having the basic agreement is a very, very strong tool. I get the feeling that Randy has made a mistake in trying to make City the enemy. If he really wanted Ireland and 16m, he should have sat tight like all the other clubs, and he would have got it.

Ireland will get destroyed for this on here.

He wont play for us again under Mancini and needs to accept it.

Im in two minds about the whole thing.

Not sure what I feel with regards to Stevie. I find it hard to digest the lack of reality from footballers who are around my age being so money motivated.

For example me and my girlfriend are scrimping andsaving for a deposit and a bit of furniture to rent our first flat together, essentially a couple of grand, and Ireland is throwing a shit fit because he wants two million despite being a multi millionaire already with enough money to buy grotesque cars by the dozen.

Its not like his money supply will stop at Villa, im sure he will still pick up an easy 50k to actually PLAY there.

The lad needs to take a long hard look at himself in my opinion. He has been told he needs to change by a manager who has been around alot longer than him. He was given his chance last year and was abysmal. A change will do him the world of good. Villa are a top side. I don't agree with lobbing him in the reserves but it seems the toys are out of the pram.

As my first point, he will not get off lightly by a large majority on here. He would have a shit load to prove and would only get the chance at the very least in January. It seems he is happy to pick up his 70k a week and rot in the reserves. Shocking really.

Who is our backup?
A box to box creative midfielder who works extremely hard?

Maybe Javi Martinez, only name that really fills all criteria.
Raul Mereiles?
Shweinsteiger? (unobtainable)

Paulmcfc2703 said:
blue dallas said:
If this is true Ireland has majorly fucked up 6 months of his career at least.
if he hets his head down and proves himself why wouldn't he geta 2nd crack at the whip?

Answer: The 25 squad rule. Means he would have to prove his commitment/quality in the Cups, and then hope that City have a re-think about his Premiership place in the next transfer window

He has no chance of playing Premiership football at City between now and January.

Looks like Milner deal rests of Ireland agreeing to go there if the reports from Villa are accurate, though why they cannot take £24 Million cash and invest £10 Million in another midfielder other than Ireland, or another striker to cover for Carew, I do not understand. A club who have a track record of finishing in the top 6, and getting to Wembley should be able to pick up some of the best players in European football. That's Villa's business though. If they choose not to sell, then we move on.

How many times do deals reach this late stage and then don't go through? Hardly ever.

Milner is coming to City. The rest is stuff that will get sorted...eventually.

Marvin said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
If this is true Ireland has majorly fucked up 6 months of his career at least.
if he hets his head down and proves himself why wouldn't he geta 2nd crack at the whip?

Answer: The 25 squad rule. Means he would have to prove his commitment/quality in the Cups, and then hope that City have a re-think about his Premiership place in the next transfer window

He has no chance of playing Premiership football at City between now and January.

Looks like Milner deal rests of Ireland agreeing to go there if the reports from Villa are accurate, though why they cannot take £24 Million cash and invest £10 Million in another midfielder other than Ireland, or another striker to cover for Carew, I do not understand. A club who have a track record of finishing in the top 6, and getting to Wembley should be able to pick up some of the best players in European football. That's Villa's business though. If they choose not to sell, then we move on.
Totally agree mate however Mancini has already said that he knows how bad we want to win a trophy so i cant see Ireland being used in them.

I think Irelands city career is effectively over.

Bobby wouldn't have said 2-3 days if he wasn't sure he was coming.

Milner was taken off 5 mins before time to have his goodbye/ovation

It's gone quiet i.e the calm before the storm

fukinel here we go again,flap flap flap!
Milner will sign for us,Tolmie said there was movment today dint he?
Y all the flappin again?<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:22 pm --<br /><br />
clubfoot said:
Bobby wouldn't have said 2-3 days if he wasn't sure he was coming.

Milner was taken off 5 mins before time to have his goodbye/ovation

It's gone quiet i.e the calm before the storm
someone with a brain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.