Milner update.

We should pay no more than 25m. If Superman and SWP stay, we will have plenty of squad cover in midfield and on the flanks. No need to pay silly money.

ste.sully said:
cityboy1 said:
this guy isn't worth 30 mill
Same here. You pay £25-30m for players who win things, Balotelli and Toure = Champions League trophy, titles - Milner = Nothing. If we do pay the 25m, then Aston Villa will be laughing to the bank and clubs will know forever that City are a light touch when it comes to buying players.
That's flawed logic, so if we buy a terrible player from a club that won something, it's OK to pay more than for an outstanding player in a team that has struggled. I'm not saying Milner is outstanding but he puts in consistently good performances all season, he has a determination to win that I don't see in abundance in our team at the moment and our midfield still looks immobile, slow and lacking creativity.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:49 pm --<br /><br />
Pollerz said:
25mill improved bid has been made, deal to be completed in the coming week.

found this out on friday havnt been around since. Pretty sure some ppl are gna give this threat the usual bullshit so if a mod wants to just lock it and let ppl look thats fine.
I used rant at postings like this, now I give them the benefit of the doubt and accept you have an insiders view on things, but the way these things twist and turn on an hourly basis it doesn't mean much. It looks as though O'Neil is willing to take this one to the wire at the £30m line in the sand.

Neil McNab said:
ste.sully said:
Same here. You pay £25-30m for players who win things, Balotelli and Toure = Champions League trophy, titles - Milner = Nothing. If we do pay the 25m, then Aston Villa will be laughing to the bank and clubs will know forever that City are a light touch when it comes to buying players.
That's flawed logic, so if we buy a terrible player from a club that won something, it's OK to pay more than for an outstanding player in a team that has struggled. I'm not saying Milner is outstanding but he puts in consistently good performances all season, he has a determination to win that I don't see in abundance in our team at the moment and our midfield still looks immobile, slow and lacking creativity.

I was in the lucky position last year to witness first hand MON's conversion of Milner from the wing and into a CM role, and I was screeming the house down on another forum for us to sign him then. However if you think that he will inject pace into our team you will be very badly suprised. It is because of his lack of acceleration that MON moved him in-field.
We have better wing options at the club and we have just bought the ability to link midfield to attack. It follows therefore that we are looking to him as the utility midfielder (Zab?) and I say with some justification that there are better available and a dam sight cheaper.

marco said:
sky just said we are not going to meet villa's valuation, lets back off i think there is better out there for less money

would of been a decent addition to the squad but the price was bloody stupid if this is true then on to the next target it is!

looks like my wish is coming true he wont be joining as we wont pay their stupid price

the guy isnt worth 30mill

Martin O'Neill: No Guarantees, But It's Looking Increasingly Like Manchester City Target James Milner Will Stay At Aston Villa

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/07/28/2045635/martin-oneill-no-guarantees-but-its-looking-increasingly" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... creasingly</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.