Milner update.

Ticket For Schalke said:
moomba said:
This self hatred of our own is just as horrendous.

It's not arrogant to think that Villa are taking the piss with their valuation of Milner.

It's not arrogant to think that they want this sale as much, maybe even more than we do.

We've been through this before with SWP, if anyone knows how the business works it's us.

Wouldn't mind so much if it was just other clubs using the "arrogant supporters" line, but so many of our own have bought into it.

I bought into it because i see it day in day out, posters like pam, who think we have a right to everyone, when really we dont.

You cant compare the sweep transfer to milner, totally different scenario's.

its not arrogant, but villa have told us their valuation for the player, so we either up it or fuck off, rather than unsettling other clubs players.

-- Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 am --

blueinsa said:
Great post moomba.

A few on here need to take down the fucking halo they think they have above their heads!

Football is a business and all we are trying to do is conduct business, just like every other club does, albiet on a different level financially.

tell us what halo mate?

The halo you and a few others think that you don whilst constantly banging on about how ashamed/embarrased you are of other city fans!

Whats wrong with wanting the best?

Are you as equally embarrased about Mancini's behaviour, or Marwood's, Cook's and our owner?

After all, it's those guys that want these players.

Should they also 'know their place' and accept that they cant go around upsetting other clubs by placing bids for their players?

I want City to sign the very best talent out there and i want us to win everything!

Thats not arrogant mate, its a natural aspiration, one that we should all share, one that many players, Milner including all share and want to be a part of and one that none of us should feel the need to apologise for or be embarrased or ashamed!

i have a villa mate who reckons even if city pay 30m for milner we are getting a great deal.his main attribute is his engine. I have no doubt such a player will help us beat spurs and liverpool

I think city have been more than fair in this transfer saga, villa bought milner for 12 mill and we offered 20 mill which is fair price. Villa are being unrealistic in their valuation, the boy obviously wants the chance to come here so villa are the the one's dragging this out.

How often have city spoken about this transfer in the media? hardly much yet mon is waffling about it to the media on a weekly basis.

Why haven't villa added to their squad? imo they need money off the milner deal, be fair to the boy fair to both clubs 24/5 mill is a great deal for villa imo.

The Fixer said:
I think city have been more than fair in this transfer saga, villa bought milner for 12 mill and we offered 20 mill which is fair price. Villa are being unrealistic in their valuation, the boy obviously wants the chance to come here so villa are the the one's dragging this out.

How often have city spoken about this transfer in the media? hardly much yet mon is waffling about it to the media on a weekly basis.

Why haven't villa added to their squad? imo they need money off the milner deal, be fair to the boy fair to both clubs 24/5 mill is a great deal for villa imo.

Correct.

blueinsa said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
tell us what halo mate?

The halo you and a few others think that you don whilst constantly banging on about how ashamed/embarrased you are of other city fans!

Are you as equally embarrased about Mancini's behaviour, or Marwood's, Cook's and our owner?

Should they also 'know their place' and accept that they cant go around upsetting other clubs by placing bids for their players?

I want City to sign the very best talent out there and i want us to win everything!

Thats not arrogant mate, its a natural aspiration, one that we should all share, one that many players, Milner including all share and want to be a part of and one that none of us should feel the need to apologise for or be embarrased or ashamed!

Haha, i'm one of the last posters with a halo on my head. Constantly banging on.....give over.

theres a difference between putting in bids, and unsettling clubs players, especially when we know the valuation.

when did i say i didnt want the best?

comparing a few arrogant posters to cooke, marwood and mancini is a non starter, as they are used to success wherever they have been, whereas we've seen the club change dramatically.

i think you've made a mountain over a molehill, to say there are no arrogant posters on this thread would be stupid.

The Fixer said:

Yeah, but you're not the Villa manager.

You might think it would be a good deal for them... you might think they're skint and need our money to make signings... you might think your valuation of the player is fair...

But I would suggest that Martin O'Neill might be better placed on knowing what's best for his club.

Have an opinion by all means, but to think you are better placed to know what's best for Villa is just a bit daft to be honest.

Like a previous poster stated, we put up or shut up. That's what we expected Chelsea to do when they were after SWP.

Ticket For Schalke said:
blueinsa said:

Haha, i'm one of the last posters with a halo on my head.

theres a difference between putting in bids, and unsettling clubs players, especially when we know the valuation.

comparing a few arrogant posters to cooke, marwood and mancini is a non starter, as they are used to success wherever they have been, whereas we've seen the club change dramatically.

i think you've made a mountain over a molehill, to say there are no arrogant posters on this thread would be stupid.

How have we unsettled him? mon hasn't come out complaining has he? villa's valuation is unrealistic imo although i understand it's their perogative to put whatever valuation they want.

It's plain to see villa want to sell otherwise we wouldn't be negoatiating with them, if oneil had said milner is not for sale at any price then i'd agree about unsettling players.

Ticket For Schalke said:
blueinsa said:

Haha, i'm one of the last posters with a halo on my head.

By putting a bid in, of course you are unsettling the player, that just doesnt apply to us mate, it applies to every football club in the world!

As for the valuation, of course Villa are entitled to ask for a price, but are we not equally entitled to say hang on a minute here, we dont value him the same, lets 'negotiate here'? Its a business deal, negotiations are a part of all business deals. What are we doing wrong? The player wants to come, we know it, Villa know it so like any good business, we will try to do the deal that suits us, not them.

As for Mancini, Cook et al being used to success, of course you are right but as they have told us for a long time, its time we started to think the same, time to lose the typical old city tag, we need to start believing mate.

Whilst i dont agree with many views on here, i dont feel the need to counter argue by trying to say im ashamed of other city fans just because i dont agree with their opinions. There will be enough people out there over the next few years doing their upmost to bring us down, we need to be together off and on the pitch.

Soulboy said:
The Fixer said:

Yeah, but you're not the Villa manager.

You might think it would be a good deal for them... you might think they're skint and need our money to make signings... you might think your valuation of the player is fair...

But I would suggest that Martin O'Neill might be better placed on knowing what's best for his club.

Have an opinion by all means, but to think you are better placed to know what's best for Villa is just a bit daft to be honest.

Like a previous poster stated, we put up or shut up. That's what we expected Chelsea to do when they were after SWP.

Ever heard of unrealistic valuations? that's why we are trying to negoatiate... to bring the price down. If we took that stance we would never sign anyone would we?

My post just above this one i actually say villa have every right to put what valuation they want on milner.. but whether that's fair is another story.

blueinsa said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
I bought into it because i see it day in day out, posters like pam, who think we have a right to everyone, when really we dont.

You cant compare the sweep transfer to milner, totally different scenario's.

its not arrogant, but villa have told us their valuation for the player, so we either up it or fuck off, rather than unsettling other clubs players.

-- Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 am --

tell us what halo mate?

TSF and halo no way am i having that one mate!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.