Milner update.

blueinsa said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
Haha, i'm one of the last posters with a halo on my head.

theres a difference between putting in bids, and unsettling clubs players, especially when we know the valuation.

when did i say i didnt want the best?

comparing a few arrogant posters to cooke, marwood and mancini is a non starter, as they are used to success wherever they have been, whereas we've seen the club change dramatically.

i think you've made a mountain over a molehill, to say there are no arrogant posters on this thread would be stupid.

By putting a bid in, of course you are unsettling the player, that just doesnt apply to us mate, it applies to every football club in the world!

As for the valuation, of course Villa are entitled to ask for a price, but are we not equally entitled to say hang on a minute here, we dont value him the same, lets 'negotiate here'? Its a business deal, negotiations are a part of all business deals. What are we doing wrong? The player wants to come, we know it, Villa know it so like any good business, we will try to do the deal that suits us, not them.

As for Mancini, Cook et al being used to success, of course you are right but as they have told us for a long time, its time we started to think the same, time to lose the typical old city tag, we need to start believing mate.

Whilst i dont agree with many views on here, i dont feel the need to counter argue by trying to say im ashamed of other city fans just because i dont agree with their opinions. There will be enough people out there over the next few years doing their upmost to bring us down, we need to be together off and on the pitch.

this who believing shit, that fbloke is pumping up is a load of shite, i've believed in city since day one, i have never gone to the game not hoping to win, its like going to church sometimes with all this preaching.

The Fixer said:
Soulboy said:
Yeah, but you're not the Villa manager.

You might think it would be a good deal for them... you might think they're skint and need our money to make signings... you might think your valuation of the player is fair...

But I would suggest that Martin O'Neill might be better placed on knowing what's best for his club.

Have an opinion by all means, but to think you are better placed to know what's best for Villa is just a bit daft to be honest.

Like a previous poster stated, we put up or shut up. That's what we expected Chelsea to do when they were after SWP.

Ever heard of unrealistic valuations? that's why we are trying to negoatiate... to bring the price down. If we took that stance we would never sign anyone would we?

My post just above this one i actually say villa have every right to put what valuation they want on milner.. but whether that's fair is another story.

Actually what you have been saying is that we offer them £20m and if they don't accept it we walk away. Yes?

Is that negotiating then?

Bizarrely enough I agree with you. We should go in with one more improved bid and leave it at that.

But I accept that Villa are perfectly entitled to turn it down, that we shouldn't expect other clubs to roll over for us just 'cos we've now got money.

Where we differ is that you believe Villa should sell because Milner wants away... or that Villa have no money... that somehow we are doing them a favour! Villa will only sell when they get the valuation THEY have of Milner.

And if we're not prepared to meet it we should muscle up and accept it rather than bleating that it's the best for Villa if they sell.

The Fixer said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
Haha, i'm one of the last posters with a halo on my head.

theres a difference between putting in bids, and unsettling clubs players, especially when we know the valuation.

when did i say i didnt want the best?

comparing a few arrogant posters to cooke, marwood and mancini is a non starter, as they are used to success wherever they have been, whereas we've seen the club change dramatically.

i think you've made a mountain over a molehill, to say there are no arrogant posters on this thread would be stupid.

How have we unsettled him? mon hasn't come out complaining has he? villa's valuation is unrealistic imo although i understand it's their perogative to put whatever valuation they want.

It's plain to see villa want to sell otherwise we wouldn't be negoatiating with them, if oneil had said milner is not for sale at any price then i'd agree about unsettling players.

MON has a lot more dignity than most managers, so i wouldnt expect himt too, but to say this saga hasnt unsettled milner would be telling porkys.

I honestly do not see what all the fuss is about, we make a bid, they refuse it negotiations continue, if Villa put a price on his head of 30m and won't budge from that (MON is a stubborn so and so and I don't blame him) we either pay or we walk away. Personally neither Milner nor Balotelli played last night and I would suspect the deals to be completed this week or not at all. I won't lose sleep over the signings that is for sure no doubt if we don't get these players we have back up plans. It is neither the fault of City or Villa it is business and multi million pound deals.

Soulboy said:
The Fixer said:
Ever heard of unrealistic valuations? that's why we are trying to negoatiate... to bring the price down. If we took that stance we would never sign anyone would we?

My post just above this one i actually say villa have every right to put what valuation they want on milner.. but whether that's fair is another story.

Actually what you have been saying is that we offer them £20m and if they don't accept it we walk away. Yes?

Bizarrely enough I agree with you. We should go in with one more improved bid and leave it at that.

But I accept that Villa are perfectly entitled to turn it down, that we shouldn't expect other clubs to roll over for us just 'cos we've now got money.

Where we differ is that you believe Villa should sell because Milner wants away... or that Villa have no money... that somehow we are doing them a favour! Villa will only sell when they get the valuation THEY have of Milner.

And if we're not prepared to meet it we should muscle up and accept it rather than bleating that it's the best for Villa if they sell.

Yes i think city kew 20 would be rejected but i think 25 is a very good price but like you say mon might not which is is right.

I suppose i just look at it and think the lad wants to come villa are prepared to sell we look prepared to negotiate ie to 25 mill hoping villa will come down slightly.

We'll all know soon enough if it's likely to happen.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:47 am --<br /><br />
Ticket For Schalke said:
The Fixer said:
How have we unsettled him? mon hasn't come out complaining has he? villa's valuation is unrealistic imo although i understand it's their perogative to put whatever valuation they want.

It's plain to see villa want to sell otherwise we wouldn't be negoatiating with them, if oneil had said milner is not for sale at any price then i'd agree about unsettling players.

MON has a lot more dignity than most managers, so i wouldnt expect himt too, but to say this saga hasnt unsettled milner would be telling porkys.

2 Jul 2008 ... Martin O'Neill: Liverpool are trying to unsettle Gareth Barry Aston Villa boss blasts Kop for making £10million bid for midfielder...

So he does come out and say if players are being unsettled.

The Fixer said:
Soulboy said:

Yes i think city kew 20 would be rejected but i think 25 is a very good price but like you say mon might not which is is right.

I suppose i just look at it and think the lad wants to come villa are prepared to sell we look prepared to negotiate ie to 25 mill hoping villa will come down slightly.

We'll all know soon enough if it's likely to happen.

-- Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:47 am --

Ticket For Schalke said:

2 Jul 2008 ... Martin O'Neill: Liverpool are trying to unsettle Gareth Barry Aston Villa boss blasts Kop for making £10million bid for midfielder...

Then we're agreed!

We go to £25m and if they say no we walk away.

Yeah, I could go along with that. We can't blame Villa for wanting an extortionate deal. We would do the exact same in the same circumstances.

Ticket For Schalke said:
blueinsa said:
By putting a bid in, of course you are unsettling the player, that just doesnt apply to us mate, it applies to every football club in the world!

As for the valuation, of course Villa are entitled to ask for a price, but are we not equally entitled to say hang on a minute here, we dont value him the same, lets 'negotiate here'? Its a business deal, negotiations are a part of all business deals. What are we doing wrong? The player wants to come, we know it, Villa know it so like any good business, we will try to do the deal that suits us, not them.

As for Mancini, Cook et al being used to success, of course you are right but as they have told us for a long time, its time we started to think the same, time to lose the typical old city tag, we need to start believing mate.

Whilst i dont agree with many views on here, i dont feel the need to counter argue by trying to say im ashamed of other city fans just because i dont agree with their opinions. There will be enough people out there over the next few years doing their upmost to bring us down, we need to be together off and on the pitch.

this who believing shit, that fbloke is pumping up is a load of shite, i've believed in city since day one, i have never gone to the game not hoping to win, its like going to church sometimes with all this preaching.

I didnt say you did mate.

My argument is with posters that come on here with the 'im ashamed and embarrased' statement and it is that i argued against.

There is no need for it imo, especially when all we are doing is what every other football club and manager does, try to sign players.

Ticket For Schalke said:
The Fixer said:

Just because once he has complained doesnt mean he does generally, its like calling someone a druggy cause they have tried drugs once :O)

Ticket For Schalke said:
Ticket For Schalke said:

Just because once he has complained doesnt mean he does generally, its like calling someone a druggy cause they have tried drugs once :O)

I'm not letting you out with this one..... put that spade down Ste :O)

Jul 2008 ... Martin O'Neill: Liverpool are trying to unsettle Gareth Barry Aston Villa boss blasts Kop for making £10million bid for midfielder...

i think that was generally down to the way liverpool went about the saga, rafa was constantly talking about him in interviews, and the poor advice GB was given by his agent.

when we sold GB to yourselves it wasnt hardly known till he signed as both teams conducted the transfer as it should be in private.

unfortunately this time the press are running daily made up tosh about milner to city so both party's are having to response.but it think both parties have handled it well.

Not really, the player has said he wants to go, if he said he didnt then MoN and villa would have said he's not for sale at any price as they have done with ashley young.

also as a villa fan we are used to late transfer's as it is MoN's way, so the sale of JM wont effect us, if he goes it just gives us more to spend, if he stays then as long as we get rid of the fringe players we will still sign players.

anyway i have no problem with city signing JM or the way they have gone about it, if anything they have shown the way to do business. and something that other teams should learn from ie Harry twitchface.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.