Milner update.

CoE82 said:
Jul 2008 ... Martin O'Neill: Liverpool are trying to unsettle Gareth Barry Aston Villa boss blasts Kop for making £10million bid for midfielder...

So he does come out and say if players are being unsettled.

i think that was generally down to the way liverpool went about the saga, rafa was constantly talking about him in interviews, and the poor advice GB was given by his agent.

when we sold GB to yourselves it wasnt hardly known till he signed as both teams conducted the transfer as it should be in private.

unfortunately this time the press are running daily made up tosh about milner to city so both party's are having to response.but it think both parties have handled it well.

It's plain to see villa want to sell otherwise we wouldn't be negoatiating with them, if oneil had said milner is not for sale at any price then i'd agree about unsettling players.

Not really, the player has said he wants to go, if he said he didnt then MoN and villa would have said he's not for sale at any price as they have done with ashley young.

also as a villa fan we are used to late transfer's as it is MoN's way, so the sale of JM wont effect us, if he goes it just gives us more to spend, if he stays then as long as we get rid of the fringe players we will still sign players.

anyway i have no problem with city signing JM or the way they have gone about it, if anything they have shown the way to do business. and something that other teams should learn from ie Harry twitchface.
nice post that mate and i agree with what you`ve said!! do you think hes worth £25m then?

richards30 said:
CoE82 said:
i think that was generally down to the way liverpool went about the saga, rafa was constantly talking about him in interviews, and the poor advice GB was given by his agent.

when we sold GB to yourselves it wasnt hardly known till he signed as both teams conducted the transfer as it should be in private.

unfortunately this time the press are running daily made up tosh about milner to city so both party's are having to response.but it think both parties have handled it well.

Not really, the player has said he wants to go, if he said he didnt then MoN and villa would have said he's not for sale at any price as they have done with ashley young.

also as a villa fan we are used to late transfer's as it is MoN's way, so the sale of JM wont effect us, if he goes it just gives us more to spend, if he stays then as long as we get rid of the fringe players we will still sign players.

anyway i have no problem with city signing JM or the way they have gone about it, if anything they have shown the way to do business. and something that other teams should learn from ie Harry twitchface.
nice post that mate and i agree with what you`ve said!! do you think hes worth £25m then?

i don't believe he's worth 30 million but 20 to 25 million i'd agree, JM is a very good player that is getting better and better, he's the sort of player you dont really appreciate until he's wearing your teams colour, and he will definately be a fans favourite at city if he sign's.

I think City and Villa will want to resolve this week with the new season so close. It's time to get down to business on the training pitch and put aside any distractions and focus on getting the most out of the players available.

Fortunately, or maybe down to good planning, City have done the majority of their business already and when the World Cup players become available they can focus on training together. I really hope Mancini will be in a position to take training otherwise our season could start in disarray.

City and Villa need players like Milner who know exactly what this League is like and who put the graft in week in week out for players like Silva and Agbonlahor. If he's in a City shirt then great, if not then fair enough. Respect to Villa, the player and MON who have handled a difficult situation professionally.

Pollerz said:
25mill improved bid has been made, deal to be completed in the coming week.

found this out on friday havnt been around since. Pretty sure some ppl are gna give this threat the usual bullshit so if a mod wants to just lock it and let ppl look thats fine.

So whats happend here then pollerz? Another rough guess as usual?

charliebigspuds said:
woolleyback blue said:
Just been on Talk Sh*te. Milner= £20mill + Ireland. Make of it what you will bearing in mind it's Talk Sh*te

its also far too much

Sounds about right to me that... Maybe a little excessive, but nothing like paying £30m cash!

Our pants remain up if that's the case. Phew.

SalfordCityBlue said:
charliebigspuds said:
its also far too much

Sounds about right to me that... Maybe a little excessive, but nothing like paying £30m cash!

Depends on how much you value Ireland at. I think we could get at least £10m, maybe £12m for him which puts Milner at £30/32m if its £20m plus Stevie.

I think £20m is too much never mind potentially £30m plus.....

SalfordCityBlue said:
charliebigspuds said:
its also far too much

PMSL...You've got to be fucking JOKING...what kind of a clown thinks that 20 million PLUS Ireland ISN'T us getting bent over a table...???????

woolleyback blue said:
Just been on Talk Sh*te. Milner= £20mill + Ireland. Make of it what you will bearing in mind it's Talk Sh*te

Didn't hear it but i'm pretty sure they would have been quoting the story from the mirror.

That said i think we might hear something on this today... maybe even at the ground ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.