Milner update.

CoE82 said:
Pam said:
Villa are getting on my nerves. Why haven't they bitten our hands off at £24m. WTF makes them think trice, ey can get £30m in a buyer's market and no other competing bid in sight?

Sorry but what makes you think that because you have bid we have to sell, the facts are that we do not need to sell and we dont want to sell so regardless of anything you think, you either match the valuation or move on.

no doubt you are just one of the many johnny come lately gang that has deflected from there previous glory hunting team to city.

but dont just think that because you have a lot of money that gives you the right to set the price, you got YaYa at barcelona's price because they wanted to get rid as he had lost his place to a youngster for the youth team, and silva you got cheaper than expected as valencia are almost bankrupt and couldnt really turn down the offer.

My own opinion is he's not worth 30 million but if thats what MoN and Randy are asking then that is there right, just like you have the right to set the price on any player that leaves city.

sorry mod's i have tried to stay clear of anything to do with this as to not cause any offense but when people post ridiculous things like that i have to response.

Ask any barca fan they will tell you Yaya is twice the player of Sergio Busquets.

Do you really think its worth kepping hold of Milner for one more season and losing out on about 15m(inc wages for a year) when he doesnt even want to be their? imo thats when we should go for him.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Some of the city fans on here these days are horrendous, the way people show disregard to other clubs is shocking.

Last few pages show there are still a lot of City fans who remember just being a normal club and haven't got the arrogance of new money that infected Chelsea. It's good to see.

Anyway, maybe nothing but Milner isn't even on the bench for our Feynoord game which is kicking off now... If you pay us 30 million for him we'll throw in Heskey for free and I'll row them back from Portugal myself!

Shooter 83 said:
Ask any barca fan they will tell you Yaya is twice the player of Sergio Busquets.
Whilst that is quite probably true, it doesn't change the fact that he was right. Barca (the club, not the fans) wanted rid and if they hadn't we would probably have paid more.

Shooter 83 said:
CoE82 said:
Sorry but what makes you think that because you have bid we have to sell, the facts are that we do not need to sell and we dont want to sell so regardless of anything you think, you either match the valuation or move on.

no doubt you are just one of the many johnny come lately gang that has deflected from there previous glory hunting team to city.

but dont just think that because you have a lot of money that gives you the right to set the price, you got YaYa at barcelona's price because they wanted to get rid as he had lost his place to a youngster for the youth team, and silva you got cheaper than expected as valencia are almost bankrupt and couldnt really turn down the offer.

My own opinion is he's not worth 30 million but if thats what MoN and Randy are asking then that is there right, just like you have the right to set the price on any player that leaves city.

sorry mod's i have tried to stay clear of anything to do with this as to not cause any offense but when people post ridiculous things like that i have to response.

Do you really think its worth kepping hold of Milner for one more season and losing out on about 15m(inc wages for a year) when he doesnt even want to be their? imo thats when we should go for him.

Not directed at me but I'd rather keep him if the offer is less than 25 million. We lose 10 million over this season (assuming his form is as good as it was last year and we could get 15 next summer) but keep the lynchpin of our central midfield. Suddenly we don't need to add a whole lot to the squad and we're good to go come August 15th. Also Jimmy was quite happy at Villa until he saw the colour of City's money. If someone was offering to pay me an extra 30-40k per week then my head would be turned too, but if he stays who is to say he'd be leaving next year? I get the impression you lot might have your eyes on bigger fish in 2011/12 - Ashley Young probably ;)

Balti said:
Fuck Villa. Time to move on.

This, they're really starting to annoy me. Do what we did with Eto'o last summer and do a take it or leave it offer with a 24 hour deadline.

skillman said:
This, they're really starting to annoy me. Do what we did with Eto'o last summer and do a take it or leave it offer with a 24 hour deadline.
Or maybe internally we decide to move on but we leave Villa and Milner think we're still interested, then it can unsettle their team right up until we sign someone else instead?

Irwell said:
skillman said:
Or maybe internally we decide to move on but we leave Villa and Milner think we're still interested, then it can unsettle their team right up until we sign someone else instead?

I like your thinking!

Awol Villa said:
Shooter 83 said:

Not directed at me but I'd rather keep him if the offer is less than 25 million. We lose 10 million over this season (assuming his form is as good as it was last year and we could get 15 next summer) but keep the lynchpin of our central midfield. Suddenly we don't need to add a whole lot to the squad and we're good to go come August 15th. Also Jimmy was quite happy at Villa until he saw the colour of City's money. If someone was offering to pay me an extra 30-40k per week then my head would be turned too, but if he stays who is to say he'd be leaving next year? I get the impression you lot might have your eyes on bigger fish in 2011/12 - Ashley Young probably ;)

You said that about barry but you offered to double his wages(80k) but he came here for 90, extra 5k after tax? I think its ambition why he wants to move lets be honest you will finnish 5-8th unless randy really flash's the cash.

Ashley young hahaha not a chance, very overated and needs to stop rolling about everytime someone goes near him for a start. worth about 10m.

skillman said:
Irwell said:

I like your thinking!

With the amount we're paying for players, Villa have every right to put a huge price tag on what was one of their most influencial players last season.

On top of that we took Barry, one of their first names on the team sheet the season before... i'd bet Villa are more pissed with us than we are with the prolonged nature of this transfer.

I don't think we'd do that either... we're not the rags.

Personally i don't see where or why Milner fits into our squad? I'd guess it's more about us getting young English players that will become the foundation of the national team so we can build on our image... synical as it sounds.

We got pretty lucky with Johnson (so far), we need to bring Micah and Ned on and into the first team squad consistently, Hart will therefore stay too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.