Milner wants out?

In the Daily Fail they have Liverpool tracking Emre Can for a similar fee that they rate Milner at.

Ray78 said:
In the Daily Fail they have Liverpool tracking Emre Can for a similar fee that they rate Milner at.

Might just be posturing - with his new contract in the pipeline - I think he sees himself as a centre mid - could be a bit pissed off that he wasn't really considered in that position when we had injury issues .... It was always either Garcia or DM who stepped into the CM position ....

I don't see why we can't just give Jimmy his preferred position in center midfield with more playing time. We could play one striker up top (Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo) and then Dave or Jovetic on the left wing with Nasri or Jesus on the right in a 4-3-3. Please, tell me if I sound crazy for thinking this would work...

no ,james is unsong for city
if he is go city need breaker like he
if he go (bad plan) we can re sign Adam jhonson or lalana

The American said:
I don't see why we can't just give Jimmy his preferred position in center midfield with more playing time. We could play one striker up top (Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo) and then Dave or Jovetic on the left wing with Nasri or Jesus on the right in a 4-3-3. Please, tell me if I sound crazy for thinking this would work...
It may or may not work but Pellegrini is not going to change his formation to suit one particular squad member particularly when he is not one of the stars.

I like Milner personally and think he should have had more starts particularly ahead of Navas but the manager sees them day in day out in training and knows what his plans are.

The American said:

With Fernando coming it will leave us with Yaya, Fernandinho, Garcia and Fernando, possibly Rodwell as well all fighting it out for central midfield positions, do you really see Milner getting a game in central midfield?

I think he will still stay because like I said earlier this just sounds like a ploy by his agent to get him an improved contract because he knows how much the club need Milner's services to fill the homegrown quota now FFP sanctions have come in.

It's cheaper for us to offer him a big pay rise than lose him and go out an spend a ridiculous fee on a new homegrwon talent, plus we only have 49m to spend.

Jimmy has got the club in a corner.

Cityfan said:
The American said:
It may or may not work but Pellegrini is not going to change his formation to suit one particular squad member particularly when he is not one of the stars.

I like Milner personally and think he should have had more starts particularly ahead of Navas but the manager sees them day in day out in training and knows what his plans are.

This. We have had 2 world class managers opting for other players in CM ahead of James and rather he play on the flanks. It can't be a coincidence. We are not talking about clueless Pearce as manager here. Besides Both Mancini and pellers see James week in week out for training and real matches. They know what they are doing.

All I have seen are paper reports and too be quiet honest I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. Press as of date are out to de stabalise the club in every form or other whether by their press releases on FFP before we had won the title, their non press release as far as the achievements of the club last season in being CHAMPIONS.

Last I heard was Milner saying he loves winning stuff. Further how much he has improved playing with the likes of Silva etc.

I know that there is usually no smoke without fire and he is entering last year of contract but surely he can see unless he moves outside a top four club the chances of him being picked regularly are about the same as stopping where he is. Just my thoughts on it. However if he does want out then we should get as much as we can bearing in mind we paid 18m for him.

sam-caddick said:
The American said:

With Fernando coming it will leave us with Yaya, Fernandinho, Garcia and Fernando, possibly Rodwell as well all fighting it out for central midfield positions, do you really see Milner getting a game in central midfield?

I think he will still stay because like I said earlier this just sounds like a ploy by his agent to get him an improved contract because he knows how much the club need Milner's services to fill the homegrown quota now FFP sanctions have come in.

It's cheaper for us to offer him a big pay rise than lose him and go out an spend a ridiculous fee on a new homegrwon talent, plus we only have 49m to spend.

Jimmy has got the club in a corner.
No-one puts City in the corner!

We only have the 49m restriction for players who we would want to play in CL. We can spend what we like on other players provided they don't mind sitting out the CL games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.