Milner wants out?

SPIDERBOY said:
I can't see this happening,why would he want to leave?
This will probably be his last World Cup,so he can't want a move to cement a regular place in the England squad.
He ain't gonna better himself elsewhere IMO.

Perhaps he just wants to play football as much as possible?

Personally I think he'll be offered guaranteed starts in the CL squad next year and I hope thats enough to keep him.

Manc in London said:
Ray78 said:
Vincents Tackle said:
I'd be disappointed if he left, he's a really important member of the squad.

Has there actually been any quotes from him yet on the situation?

It could be down to the Press on a fishing trip.

The same story seems to be all over the press. It is also being reported by the more respectable journalists, such as Daniel Taylor. Sounds like a briefing from Milner's end.

This must be the case. When it’s a one off story in a Sunday tabloid you can take it with a pinch of salt but when all the broadsheets have it the next day with detail about wanting to play centrally etc then his agent (or someone connected to him) must have been briefing. It could be an elaborate approach to negotiating a new contract but, equally, it might be that he feels that he’s got more chance of getting games in a favoured position elsewhere. The timing is odd given Milner’s comments last week and it would seem strange to initiate a transfer saga that could run through the world cup.

Gerrard isn’t going to play 38 domestic games plus CL plus the cups next season so Liverpool could make sense. Arsenal does seem unlikely though.

pace89 said:
Manc in London said:
Ray78 said:
It could be down to the Press on a fishing trip.

The same story seems to be all over the press. It is also being reported by the more respectable journalists, such as Daniel Taylor. Sounds like a briefing from Milner's end.

This must be the case. When it’s a one off story in a Sunday tabloid you can take it with a pinch of salt but when all the broadsheets have it the next day with detail about wanting to play centrally etc then his agent (or someone connected to him) must have been briefing. It could be an elaborate approach to negotiating a new contract but, equally, it might be that he feels that he’s got more chance of getting games in a favoured position elsewhere. The timing is odd given Milner’s comments last week and it would seem strange to initiate a transfer saga that could run through the world cup.

Gerrard isn’t going to play 38 domestic games plus CL plus the cups next season so Liverpool could make sense. Arsenal does seem unlikely though.

you don't KNOW that Jimmy has said anything to anyone, or that his agent has. It is well known that he prefers central midfield, he has since well before he joined us. One rag speculates that he might be unhappy and then they all jump on, it is the pack mentality of the gutter press, so don't jump on their snidey bandwagon

gordondaviesmoustache said:
waspish said:
It's funny we don't here naught from the media about all the rag players who want out because they aren't in champs league rolls reversed they would be all over it saying have our top players want out
Fucking cockroaches, mate. Sub-human scum.

Only this. Just looking at their reaction to Van Gaal on Twitter, you can see what parasitic sycophants the bulk of them are. You have James Ducker from The Times playing fantasy football about United's signings, and he's not even one of the bad ones. Jamie Jackson should be given a pair of red pom-poms.

grunge said:
SPIDERBOY said:
This will probably be his last World Cup,so he can't want a move to cement a regular place in the England squad.

Personally I think he'll be offered guaranteed starts in the CL squad next year and I hope thats enough to keep him.
He played in 44 games last season, starting 21 of those. That's not bad for a utility midfielder in a top class squad.

This would be the most ridiculous thing ever considering our dwindling English quota.

The only way I would like this is if it involved Barkley coming to us.

Other than that it's a fucking wank idea.

Stoned Rose said:
This would be the most ridiculous thing ever considering our dwindling English quota.

The only way I would like this is if it involved Barkley coming to us.

Other than that it's a fucking wank idea.

I don't think he wants to leave, I just think him and his agent have seen an opportunity with the FFP sanctions which enables them to corner City in giving him a new contract with a massive wage.

He knows we need homegrown players more than ever next season and he knows we already have a load of homegrown players leaving the club this summers, if we let him go it's inevitable we will have to go out and spend a ridiculous fee on a new homegrown talent when with FFP only allowing us to limit our spending to 49m it will force us to offer him a huge wage to stay out of desperation to keep him because we need him to fill the quota.

This is his agent doing some dirty work in my opinion.

BringBackSwales said:
6one said:
Tell him to stuff it.
He can go for free next summer.

Jimmy is a great player and a great bloke, there are no fucking direct quotes, or indeed any kind of quotes attributed to him, so until such time as there are why don't you stuff it infuckingstead?

Who needs quotes?

Pathetic.

Milner is average for £24m. We need him for next season. He hasn't repaid the fee and wages. We owe him nothing. He owes us the final year of his deal. He stays. End of.

Prestwich_Blue said:
grunge said:
SPIDERBOY said:

He played in 44 games last season, starting 21 of those. That's not bad for a utility midfielder in a top class squad.

True, but it's not that good either, if you consider yourself more than just a utility midfielder.

By the way, for those who'd like to replace (swap) him with Barkley, do you consider Barkley to be a utility midfielder, or are you expecting him to be a regular starter? Admittedly, I haven't seen that much of him, but he doesn't look like he'd suit our style at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.