Milner wants out?

BringBackSwales said:
6one said:
Tell him to stuff it.
He can go for free next summer.

Jimmy is a great player and a great bloke, there are no fucking direct quotes, or indeed any kind of quotes attributed to him, so until such time as there are why don't you stuff it infuckingstead?

Ignore him, he's a plank.

He claimed City wearing navy socks isn't a tradition on another thread.
Probably not been a blue for long.

Ban-jani said:
BringBackSwales said:
6one said:
Tell him to stuff it.
He can go for free next summer.

Jimmy is a great player and a great bloke, there are no fucking direct quotes, or indeed any kind of quotes attributed to him, so until such time as there are why don't you stuff it infuckingstead?

Ignore him, he's a plank.

He claimed City wearing navy socks isn't a tradition on another thread.
Probably not been a blue for long.

16 years season ticket holder.

We wore Navy socks originally (after the black kit), but after that we wore predominantly light coloured socks. ergo, Light coloured socks are as much tradition for us as navy. I think navy looks awful. We should have Sky blue same as shirt or white for me.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
grunge said:
Perhaps he just wants to play football as much as possible?

Personally I think he'll be offered guaranteed starts in the CL squad next year and I hope thats enough to keep him.
He played in 44 games last season, starting 21 of those. That's not bad for a utility midfielder in a top class squad.

True, but it's not that good either, if you consider yourself more than just a utility midfielder.

By the way, for those who'd like to replace (swap) him with Barkley, do you consider Barkley to be a utility midfielder, or are you expecting him to be a regular starter? Admittedly, I haven't seen that much of him, but he doesn't look like he'd suit our style at all.

Barkley would suit anyone's style.

He's that good.

Manchester City may halt any James Milner exit plan after FFP ruling

Manchester City could stop James Milner from leaving this summer as Uefa's financial fair play sanctions begin to make an impact on their transfer strategy, although there is confidence that Porto's Eliaquim Mangala will be bought, despite his stated desire to join Chelsea.

Milner may be retained because of Uefa's ruling that City can have only 21 players in their Champions League squad, with the midfielder potentially required to fill one of eight home-grown berths.

The England midfielder is unhappy at City because of the lack of first-team opportunities afforded him by Manuel Pellegrini, the manager. He started only 12 league games and made 19 substitute appearances in this season's title-winning side. However, City would like him to sign a new contract as Pellegrini considers the 28-year-old a valued squad member, but Milner is minded to depart, with Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur interested.

Yet if Milner decides against agreeing any fresh terms offered and holds out for a transfer, City would be prepared to block the move to retain him for the final 12 months of his contract, if he is deemed to be required for the Champions League.

With only 13 "foreign" players allowed in the reduced 21-man squad, Pellegrini faces a dilemma regarding how to fill the remaining eight places, of whom four must be "home trained" – meaning by City – with the rest allowed to be "association trained" – at another domestic club.

Last season City named only a 23-man squad, of which Micah Richards, Gaël Clichy, Joe Hart, Milner, Joleon Lescott, Dedryck Boyata and Jack Rodwell filled the home-grown criteria. Of these only Richards is home trained, having spent his formative years at City. As Lescott has left and Richards and Rodwell could yet follow suit, it may severely weaken the squad, were Milner also to go. John Guidetti, Marcos Lopes and Karim Rekik are fringe players who fall into the home-grown category who could be called upon.

City are relaxed about the reduction to 21 players and the other FFP sanctions that include a €60m (£49m) net transfer spend limitation and €60m fine, of which €40m will be returned if certain criteria are upheld.

Despite Mangala's comments that he preferred Chelsea to City because of their London location, it is understood José Mourinho is not interested in the £35m-rated defender, clearing the way for City to buy him.

Pellegrini is also monitoring Mangala's club-mate Fernando, a defensive midfielder valued at £20m, and is hopeful that Arsenal's Bacary Sagna, a right-back, can be acquired on a free transfer.

rick773 said:
I don't think his agent would be very good at his job if he didn't use this moment in time to get the best deal he could for his client.

This with clogs on.

Realistically he now has a decent medal collection i honestly dont think the sort of guy he is he would be playing a game to angle for more money

He must know he will take a hit on his salary but i think he wants to play more games

I hear we're now offering Milner a new contract.? Well, job done for the agent and a nice slice of pie.
We definitely should not let him go, being part of a squad is the modern game, I'm sure Milner realises this, and his medal haul since arriving helps!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.