Minimum expectations for next season...

bluemoon1078 said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Ok, regardless of who is in charge next season, what are people's minimum expectations for next season (i.e. what the manager needs to do to keep his job). I don't want a debate on Hughes - I want to know how realistic or otherwise people are.

As part of your answer you can sign players up to the value of £100 million but you have to state how much your players would cost (please try to be realistic - no £20 million Messi's)

With MH top 6
With a new manager top 10

Oops, you've got that the wrong way round! Don't worry, we all make mistakes ;-)

The same as minimum expectations every season should be for such a big club like us with a big fan base.

Europe.

Anything less is under achievement.

I think most of us have now written off this season, regardless of the out come as a transitional season, so we cant judge Hughes, however performances have improved off late, and I am hoping we are seeing the first green shoots of a new era

(I HOPE)

With Hughes in charge regardless of who we sign then top 6 is a must. I'm a Hughes fan but if he doesn't make top 6 then he's a gonner. If he makes that I'd reckon he'd have 2 seasons to break into the top 4.

mcfc1996 said:
With Hughes in charge regardless of who we sign then top 6 is a must. I'm a Hughes fan but if he doesn't make top 6 then he's a gonner. If he makes that I'd reckon he'd have 2 seasons to break into the top 4.

I agree - the way I see it I think Hughes will be given a target of 6th or better and a decent cup run (or even winning something like the Carling cup, which lets face it is the least contested of the three we've played in this season). If he manages that I think the goal for the season after that would be set at nothing less than a Champions League place.

Hoping we'll be challenging for 4th, but I'd take top 6 as long as we're progressing.

I really want a trophy too though, we have a couple of seasons to do it until we break the rags record for amount of time without winning anything, can't be having that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.