Minimum expectations for next season...

Top 4 is the stretch goal BUT no less than 6th and good cup runs, I would also expect us to be in the shake up for when one of the top 4 fall out which is soon. If we get a new manager then the minimum is top 4.

All three domestic Trophies,the UEFA cup, the charity shield, and the laws on indecent exposure lifted so I can w**k at Kaka dancing through the opposition.
Do you think I'm being unrealistic?

mad4city said:
I agree with some of the people who've posted earlier.

* Time to start winning the games that we should win. No more draws with the Hulls of this world and definitely no more defeats against West Broms either. Consistency and a determination to not get beaten are two things we've long been crying out for. We're hinting at getting there, just lately. So that's promising, I guess.

* Find the above qualities and the "six-pointers" against the other scond tier teams (Villa, Everton, Spurs and whatever surprise packet emerges from the pack) will surely begin to take care of themselves.

* Realistically (and I don't care who we sign, just yet), we're a ways off of challenging the SKY4. That's not to say that we can't take points off of one or two of them - just that we we're going to lose far more of the 24 points on offer in those games than we'll gather up. Establish our position as "best of the rest" though and sooner or later we'll be ready to pounce when one of the SKY4 f**ks up.

* If we get beaten in either cup (and we probably will), I'd like us to do so with the dignity that was associated with the Hamburg defeat rather than the ignominy of Brighton and Forest.

*In short, turn up and TRY for every game. Players who look like they're interested in not just beating say, Sunderland away on a November night but who'll be disappointed in not stuffing them would be most welcome.

*Supporters who (tin hat on, here) can get over themselves and not take it as a personal affront whenever a player has a dip in form would be amazing. Nobody goes out on the field to try and make themselves look bad and City fans (myself, included) perhaps more than some others (perhaps not, too) would do well to remember that.

* There again, as we say in my part of the world... I may as well be dreamin' here as in bed, eh?
Agree with some of your sentiments, but not sure about the gradualist approach. That wuld be how any other club would approach it, but we're no longer any other club

Everton are very tough to beat, and they are consistent, but technically we are already better. Maybe the form in recent weeks will melt away, but for the moment I'm thinking that we have built a platform that with 3 quality additions will see us able to compete with the top 4

We have to step up to the plate next season , no doubt about it ...... another season like this and Mark Hughes (if he's still here!) will definetely be up the road!

Any big money spent during the summer will only intensify the pressure on both manager and players.

Away form has to drastically improve , domestic cup runs have to be improved on , home form has to be maintained ...... and if we don't make Europe this season then next seasons a must .... and preferably Champions League at that!

Top 6 and a good cup run too

It will be interesting to see people expectations once the summer transfer purchases are complete

Think that the highest that we will finish this year will be 8th so two places above that next season and a proper run in the League Cup and FA Cup.

We are still in the process of rebuilding and we don't want to get too carried away but a minimum of european qualification from next season onwards and then break into top 4 within next five years.

Cambridgeblue said:
Ok, regardless of who is in charge next season, what are people's minimum expectations for next season (i.e. what the manager needs to do to keep his job). I don't want a debate on Hughes - I want to know how realistic or otherwise people are.

As part of your answer you can sign players up to the value of £100 million but you have to state how much your players would cost (please try to be realistic - no £20 million Messi's)

With MH top 6
With a new manager top 10

With the right players brought in, in the summer, I think we could pull off a top 6 finish. Keep in mind, next season is going to be even tougher, with the likes of Spuds and Villa progressing. Can't see Everton doing that well unless they spend big in the summer - which isn't very likely.

A good cup run in both domestic cups, i.e semi's of the FA cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.