Minimum expectations for next season...

I agree with some of the people who've posted earlier.

* Time to start winning the games that we should win. No more draws with the Hulls of this world and definitely no more defeats against West Broms either. Consistency and a determination to not get beaten are two things we've long been crying out for. We're hinting at getting there, just lately. So that's promising, I guess.

* Find the above qualities and the "six-pointers" against the other scond tier teams (Villa, Everton, Spurs and whatever surprise packet emerges from the pack) will surely begin to take care of themselves.

* Realistically (and I don't care who we sign, just yet), we're a ways off of challenging the SKY4. That's not to say that we can't take points off of one or two of them - just that we we're going to lose far more of the 24 points on offer in those games than we'll gather up. Establish our position as "best of the rest" though and sooner or later we'll be ready to pounce when one of the SKY4 f**ks up.

* If we get beaten in either cup (and we probably will), I'd like us to do so with the dignity that was associated with the Hamburg defeat rather than the ignominy of Brighton and Forest.

*In short, turn up and TRY for every game. Players who look like they're interested in not just beating say, Sunderland away on a November night but who'll be disappointed in not stuffing them would be most welcome.

*Supporters who (tin hat on, here) can get over themselves and not take it as a personal affront whenever a player has a dip in form would be amazing. Nobody goes out on the field to try and make themselves look bad and City fans (myself, included) perhaps more than some others (perhaps not, too) would do well to remember that.

* There again, as we say in my part of the world... I may as well be dreamin' here as in bed, eh?

With this team, 5th or 6th

But I expect City to strengthen. We have to remember what our rivals will be doing as well.

We wont do anything unless we can sort out our away form, but with the players we now have, we should be able to do that. Perhaps our 2 emaining aways will indicate whether we can compete away. It's no coincidence that our away wins hae come when we were forced to change our tactics of 2 wide men away from home.

The away form is the black mark on Hughes record so far, because I find it incredile that we have not tried more defensive tactics away from home when we have strugled so much. Kompany and De Jong are made for this

Depends on whether we qualify for Europa Cup or not. If we qualify unless we have a bigger and better squad than this time around most we can hope for really is top half of table again. But since Christmas we have accumalated more points than before Christmas so if 2nd half of seasons performance is replicated into next season 5th or 6th would be good. If we don't qualify for Europe I expect us to go gung ho for top 4. A decent CC or FA cup run would be a bonus and not put the same strain of our players as Europa Cup.

without european distraction then i think we could push top 6/7

Not getting into the new europa league (which i dont think we will) could be a blessing in disguise (though it will stop us being able to attract top quality players)........

a must to achieve anything next year is adding to the squad, and especially in the terms of strikers....the rumours on here about crouch are worrying as he isnt good enough......nor is rsc..........however we may have to put up with theis middle of the road player till we ge ourselves into a position where we can really challenge the top 4.....and get champions league football.......

we need to add depth to the squad in terms of cover for swp, and maybe a really good footballing centre half

Rammyblues said:
I would like us to lose the "Typical City" tag.

Totally spot on.
Am sick of hearing smug commentators and the press and media alike harping on about this over and over...

mad4city said:
I agree with some of the people who've posted earlier.

* Time to start winning the games that we should win. No more draws with the Hulls of this world and definitely no more defeats against West Broms either. Consistency and a determination to not get beaten are two things we've long been crying out for. We're hinting at getting there, just lately. So that's promising, I guess.

* Find the above qualities and the "six-pointers" against the other scond tier teams (Villa, Everton, Spurs and whatever surprise packet emerges from the pack) will surely begin to take care of themselves.

* Realistically (and I don't care who we sign, just yet), we're a ways off of challenging the SKY4. That's not to say that we can't take points off of one or two of them - just that we we're going to lose far more of the 24 points on offer in those games than we'll gather up. Establish our position as "best of the rest" though and sooner or later we'll be ready to pounce when one of the SKY4 f**ks up.

* If we get beaten in either cup (and we probably will), I'd like us to do so with the dignity that was associated with the Hamburg defeat rather than the ignominy of Brighton and Forest.

*In short, turn up and TRY for every game. Players who look like they're interested in not just beating say, Sunderland away on a November night but who'll be disappointed in not stuffing them would be most welcome.

*Supporters who (tin hat on, here) can get over themselves and not take it as a personal affront whenever a player has a dip in form would be amazing. Nobody goes out on the field to try and make themselves look bad and City fans (myself, included) perhaps more than some others (perhaps not, too) would do well to remember that.

* There again, as we say in my part of the world... I may as well be dreamin' here as in bed, eh?

If you think well written, common sense posts like this will further you on a forum like this, I'll warn you now- you've another thing coming ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.