Minimum expectations for next season...

Seeing as we're not going to be in Europe next season and so won't have to deal with so many games my expectations for next season have shifted slightly.

I think for Hughes to keep his job for the 2010/11 season he needs to achieve either:

A top 5 finish

or

6th place and a trophy (or a final and a semi)

Anyone else care to revise their expectations?

So long as he ships out the utter garbage in the squad and brings in quality I wouldn't mind if we finished 6th and had 2 decent cup runs, but I think that's probably too much to ask.

vbr said:
So long as he ships out the utter garbage in the squad and brings in quality I wouldn't mind if we finished 6th and had 2 decent cup runs, but I think that's probably too much to ask.

Really? I'd have thought shipping out the garbage and bringing in some more quality and depth should guarantee us 6th place and two cup runs. I'm in the Hughes In camp but if he can't get us there (or within a whisker of it, say because of a couple of bad decisions by the refs) with another £100-150m to spend this summer then quite frankly he deserves to be replaced.

Cambridgeblue said:
vbr said:

Really? I'd have thought shipping out the garbage and bringing in some more quality and depth should guarantee us 6th place and two cup runs. I'm in the Hughes In camp but if he can't get us there (or within a whisker of it, say because of a couple of bad decisions by the refs) with another £100-150m to spend this summer then quite frankly he deserves to be replaced.

Well that all depends on who Hughes sees as garbage and who has a place in the long-term squad. Frankly if Benjani, Evans, Fernandes, etc are still there for next season's bench then I don't have much confidence for next year either.

vbr said:
Cambridgeblue said:
vbr said:

Well that all depends on who Hughes sees as garbage and who has a place in the long-term squad. Frankly if Benjani, Evans, Fernandes, etc are still there for next season's bench then I don't have much confidence for next year either.

I'd have thought it was fairly obvious who will be going this summer:

Out: Sturridge (doesn't look like he'll sign a new contract), Vassel, Benjani, Jo, Mills, Fernandes, Ball, Ben Haim, Hamann, Johnson (unless he regains full fitness this summer), Berti (legend I know but I'm sure if he was ever going to play for us he would have by now).

Loans: Hart (to Birmingham... not ideal but if we want to keep this lad a city player we're going to have to do it so he has 1st team football). Evans - either to a promoted side or a top championship team (still young, needs time and experience but worth hanging on to for now).

top 6 along with Carling Cup win'

Would buy Tevez £32mil
Toure £10mil
Ribery £35mil
Etoo £35mil auction pushed price over £100mil bar but hey our owners wouldnt scrimp

Spent £112mil

Team

Given
Zableta-----Toure-----Kompany (Cpt)------Bridge
Swp------Ireland-----De Jong------Ribery------

any 2 ETOO - TEVEZ - Robinho ---Bojinov

Subs would be 2 strikers not chosen
Elano
Petrov
Nedum
Richards
Hart

What do you reckon - possible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.