Minimum expectations for next season...

If we buy 5 or 6 £20m players then we should expect no less than 6th IMO,especially if we have no Europa League Football.A Carling Cup or FA Cup semi final or even Final would be great!

5th would be a great achievement. Or to comfortably make the Europa league. In other words be in the position Everton or Villa are in now.

Top 4 would be the obvious target, but any improvement on this seasons finish would be good enough for me - unless of course, we sign big big players this summer.....

I'd take 6th. Reasoning...

Everton and Villa will still be strong next season.
Tottenham are going to be very strong imo.

so to me theres a massively strong top 10 -

top 4
then what i'll call "our 4" (for now Us, Everton, Villa, Tottenham)
and then fulham and west ham

No reason why we cant top the 4 ive stated or be knocking on the emirates door though!

I'd like us to be knocking at the door of the top 4 (much the same as Everton and Villa this season).

Good run in cups would be nice, especially another decent run in Europe (all things going well).

GJF said:
to improve in every area on this year...

FA CUP; qtr finals
League Cup: Qtr Finals
Europa (if we get there): Semi Finals

League: No Limit, but anything lower than 6th would be bad news.

Obviously if we get to a final or win a cup one element can be sacrificed..

We have to remember as people have said, the top 4 are going to be tough to crack. In addition Everton and Villa are pushing them, and Spurs will be spending as much as us (they spent more than us in January). So its going to be tough...

Like I said, I just want to see improvements. I believe our owners will want the same.

Fact is we have done better second half of the season than the first. They will want that same kind of improvement come the start of next season, and so on..

I agree with much of this GJF, but I cannot believe any club will be spending quite like City this summer and certainly not Spuds. I will not be surprised if we were to find our way through £150-200mil during the course of next season, certainly £100m and neither Spuds nor anyone else will be spending that in the current climet. The only thing which will but the break on our spending will be the availability of players and that will apply as much to other teams outside the top 4 as it does to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.