Missing out on CL - summer transfers up in the air

If it means scouring the market for up an coming talent and promoting youth into the squad I'm all for it , let's have it right , bar a few exceptions we haven't pulled trees up have we ? I'd quite welcome a change of direction
Honestly I'd love that, dying for some young hungry players will be refreshing to see.

Wont make any difference. money and pep will guarantee big names. we managed to get players like aguero and silva so we shouldnt have a problem.

Not sure it makes an difference whatsoever. Players want CL football, but they don't sign for you with just one season in mind. No one is going to look at this club, with Pep Guardiola in charge and think that they won't be seeing CL football any time soon. Normally when a player leaves a club stating they want to play in the CL it's because they can't see the club they are at being in the CL, not because they have to play in it every single year.

loss of income will have impact

i dont really know a lot about it, but don't we make more money from the new tv deal and being in the prem anyway. we will lose the champs money , but gain a lot compared to previous seasons. Player wise if we offer someone enough money they will probably come, they would be coming here for pep and future champions league swell

Think it will effect the top echelon transfers, e.g. Pogba - can't see someone like him accepting Europa League football when he can essentially have his pick of clubs.

However you'd expect most of our transfer targets aren't "£80m rated" star names. For the other names we've been linked with most of them aren't playing in the CL anyway, so coming to City would still be a step in the right direction for their careers either way, plus we'll be telling them this is a one off season & that we'll be back in CL next year etc.

So definitely some impact, but I don't expect as much as some people fear.

Let's face it, KDB aside our latest transfer deals have not been the best anyway have they....
Not being in the CL won't stop top players wanting to ply their trade in the most lucrative league in the world.
They will still sign.

HOW THE HELL DID WE GET HERE?
Mancini had all his faults but he played to defend the lead and kept us in the f'ing top four; we are regressing all because of the manager's archaic 4-4-2 formation all season long and his ineptitude to quickly make the right changes when things were going horribly wrong.I mean if you know your defence is leaking, why continue to expose them game after game after game?

Hope we make it through but seriously doubt it now...

will probably start next season with mostly the same team since our top 2 transfer targets are crocked and won't be ready in August even if we signed them tomorrow..

Not going to make a single difference IMO.

The only way we will lose out on players is if they fancy moving to Barca, Bayern or Madrid, something which wouldn't have changed even if we were in the CL. The though that players would suddenly prefer to sign a 5 year deal at United or Leicester just because they have CL football this season is laughable.

We will still match the pay scale and have a clear plan of how this club will progress. No player will seriously look at City and think that they are a club on the decline. They will see a club who have had a poor season and are about to embark on the next stage with the most sought after coach in the world in charge.
Agree with much here
Ranieri is practically begging his players to stay on with Leicester.
I'd actually have a bid for mahrez . Would suit Pep's style and has a good attitude

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.