Missing out on CL - summer transfers up in the air

If it means scouring the market for up an coming talent and promoting youth into the squad I'm all for it , let's have it right , bar a few exceptions we haven't pulled trees up have we ? I'd quite welcome a change of direction

its not just the incomings that we have to worry about.

its getting rid of some of the dead wood that might be also difficult

Kolorov and Bony will not get the same money elsewhere and will prove difficult to get rid of

We have already seen that one of the italian teams are wanting us to pay some of (I think) zabbas wages if he goes there (if the reports are true)

if we shift one of the centre halves (mangala or Otto) then again wages will be an issue and possibly the same with Nasri (if he was to go)

Yaya will go and hopefully cabellero (we need to replace him with someone homegrown and not waste that spot in the squad)

The lack of champs league (if it happens) will be a hinderance indeed......but more so will having to play thursday nights in europa.....I already think we should not bother with it and play the kids....we need to purely focus for a year at least on the league.

its not just the incomings that we have to worry about.

its getting rid of some of the dead wood that might be also difficult

Kolorov and Bony will not get the same money elsewhere and will prove difficult to get rid of

We have already seen that one of the italian teams are wanting us to pay some of (I think) zabbas wages if he goes there (if the reports are true)

if we shift one of the centre halves (mangala or Otto) then again wages will be an issue and possibly the same with Nasri (if he was to go)

Yaya will go and hopefully cabellero (we need to replace him with someone homegrown and not waste that spot in the squad)

The lack of champs league (if it happens) will be a hinderance indeed......but more so will having to play thursday nights in europa.....I already think we should not bother with it and play the kids....we need to purely focus for a year at least on the league.
It will be fine , we have the best manager in the world at the helm next season

We need a fresh start, ship out the dead wood , pay them off if needs be

The manager we have just had to endure for 18 months is gone , players will improve beyond recognition next season

I dont think it will be an issue...Players coming in will want to be part of something and will feel the future is only looking up with Pep as manager....The biggest issue is shipping out those players that dont fit the system or on the decline....I think any manager would struggle with this squad and believe a better job should have been done of finding replacements before the decline had such a big impact on the field....Pelle system and management hasnt helped but Txiki needs to do a better job of finding the "right" players and I'm hoping Pep will have a big input in this.....I do think we might need to buyout a few contracts as teams wont be offering the wages we have been willing to pay older players on the decline tho......CL or no CL we still got alot to look forward to next season but Pep has a big job on his hands...

Last edited:
It irritates me when I hear a player say he wants CL football and joins a club on that basis. He didn't play a role in getting the club there but he wants to be part of the glamourous CL nights for his own benefit. Not the sort of player you really want.

How much did we get this season in the CL? Was it £50m-£60m, something like that? (Genuinely don't know). That's a lot less money to spend and could be the difference between going for Pogba and finding a cheaper alternative. We still have to balance the books after all.

It's all bollocks, you still get world class players prepared to move to teams without champions league football on offer, just look at Di Maria and Falcao for example.

Oh shit!!!!!!!!!!!

Not going to make a single difference IMO.

The only way we will lose out on players is if they fancy moving to Barca, Bayern or Madrid, something which wouldn't have changed even if we were in the CL. The though that players would suddenly prefer to sign a 5 year deal at United or Leicester just because they have CL football this season is laughable.

We will still match the pay scale and have a clear plan of how this club will progress. No player will seriously look at City and think that they are a club on the decline. They will see a club who have had a poor season and are about to embark on the next stage with the most sought after coach in the world in charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.