Missing the Pearce days

I'm sure I've said this before but it was in March of Pearce's last season, near to the time when you had to pay for the next year's card, when i decided enough was enough

met the rest of the family in our usual spot near the bar and was not pissed off, just bored rigid and wondered what pleasure i was getting for forking out for five seasoncards
it was all of them that talked me out of it, but then again they didn't pay!!!

i missed the Leeds at home and then the Everton game as we were on holiday, that was 30% of the goals
we were also on holiday at the start of the next season and missed Derby County and the f'in derby

That was the season the Better Half and I got together.

We saw two City goals at CMS - as it was - that season, and that was in our first game, when we beat West Ham.

Samaras scored both and Ishmael Miller had arguably his best game in a City shirt.

We missed the New Year's Day game, as we were on the way back from my parents' home in Cornwall.

Believe it or not, we bought Season Cards as soon as we could, even though Pearce was till in charge, and of course we had no idea the Frank was about to buy the club or that Sven was on his way to manage us.

We've been SC holders ever since and we're loving the ride.

Vienna_70 said:
That was the season the Better Half and I got together.

We saw two City goals at CMS - as it was - that season, and that was in our first game, when we beat West Ham.

Samaras scored both and Ishmael Miller had arguably his best game in a City shirt.

We missed the New Year's Day game, as we were on the way back from my parents' home in Cornwall.

Believe it or not, we bought Season Cards as soon as we could, even though Pearce was till in charge, and of course we had no idea the Frank was about to buy the club or that Sven was on his way to manage us.

We've been SC holders ever since and we're loving the ride.

But there's so many to choose from!

Bluebee2 said:
mekonmcfc said:
I miss the days when the bars on level 1 concourse stayed open all of the 2nd half, and we used to stand there getting pissed in the hope of seeing a goal on the TV's. Much better than this free flowing, expansive, incredibly talented football of today...

joke

We mentioned that last night, loads on the concourse's getting pissed as it was better than the shite on the pitch. New Years day that year (2007) was our last league goal at home that season.

Turned out to be a bit of a godsend for me. I sponsored a pal of mine on the basis of £2 per home goal. Only cost me twenty quid! I'd be running at nigh on £200 so far this season!

That season was agony, had to force myself to go most games (well most of the bloody season actually) also remember on a couple of occasions never leaving the Bradford pub (now demolished) pre match beers just turned into a session as we couldnt face the boredom.
Also i would often head back to pub early only to find half the mini bus already there.
Numbers droped to the lowest i can recall that season.

It's like chalk and cheese

che_don_john said:
moon said:
Vassell missing pen v rags after about 3 and a half months without a home league goal and they won one nil
Just added to the agony
Especially after Dickov had come on, galvanised the team, won the penalty and wanted to take it, only for Vassel to pretty much snatch the ball from him.

Nope. Michael Ball won the penalty, fell over a trailing thigh quite theatrically.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrxOgL6byGY[/youtube]

I knew before the season had started , we were going to suffer some torture . I still got a City Card but didn't go to any games that season . The ticket office were trying there hardest to get me to buy a season card . They told me we had signed that brilliant midfielder Dabo . I don't miss those days I hope we never see them again .

The Pink Panther said:
I was reminiscing this morning over our ten goals at home season and the fact I missed four of them as I was on holiday for the Arsenal game (Barton pen) and the Fulham game (Barton and a Corradi brace)

The Corradi goals were a real rarity. IIRC apart from a goal in a 2-1 defeat at Portsmouth that pair was all he got.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.