Mobike ends rental service in Manchester

My Grandad said people used to cycle to Maine Road years and years ago and they would leave their bikes down ginnels and even just at the end of roads and 70000 people would come out at the end of a game and everyone's bikes would still be there, not a one was chained or tied up or owt.

Society today is a disgrace! You never hear the saying "salt of the Earth" about people these days do you? Wonder why?

Leads back to my "Cesspit" thread, just another stamp on the city making us look bad.

Agreed. But you have to ask yourself why? All comes down to culture for me. It’s all about the big I nowadays. We live in a selfish society that prides itself on competitive against one another and looking after oneself. Community has slowly been eroded for selfish materialistic gain and it’s broadly built from capitalist mentality.

The Scandinavian countries have it right.

How much help does he need? There has to be a measuring point where we deem that people are beyond help. It seems that was some time ago for this guy.
He's addicted to drugs, he probably also has a mental illness, like most homeless addicts.
The Government in a rich country like the UK should be supporting and helping these people not throwing them in jail.
Maybe dont give a 100 million quid in aid to India to fund their Lunar probe.

He's addicted to drugs, he probably also has a mental illness, like most homeless addicts.
The Government in a rich country like the UK should be supporting and helping these people not throwing them in jail.
Maybe dont give a 100 million quid in aid to India to fund their Lunar probe.
I can speak from experience that some people will self destruct no matter how much money, love and help you give them.
It's also funny how so many people addicted to mind-altering drugs end up diagnosed as mentally ill. It seems this becomes an all-encompassing excuse for their behaviour (not everyone I accept). Personally I prefer to concentrate on those that want to respond to help.

Regards the money we send to India. I can see the reasoning behind people not agreeing to this. All I would say is to remember they are an important ally to this country and many Indians have given their lives in two world wars. Also don't forget what we plundered from them in bygone times. Maybe helping them to become a key player in a modern industry will eventually lead them to improve conditions across the nation. Then again, perhaps our intentions aren't noble and we just don't want to rely on Russia, US, China or Europe for our future requirements.

My Grandad said people used to cycle to Maine Road years and years ago and they would leave their bikes down ginnels and even just at the end of roads and 70000 people would come out at the end of a game and everyone's bikes would still be there, not a one was chained or tied up or owt.

Society today is a disgrace! You never hear the saying "salt of the Earth" about people these days do you? Wonder why?

Leads back to my "Cesspit" thread, just another stamp on the city making us look bad.

I lived around the ground then.
They didn’t leave bikes down ginnels.
The people who lived in the terraced houses on Horton and Thornton Road and other streets around used to let you put your bike in their backyard for a few coppers each game.

Believe me you’d have had your bike nicked of you just left it.
Similarly you ignored the “mind your car kids” at your peril. Half a dollar saved you from discovering your car without its badges at full time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.