Moment when you thought " Thats it,had enough of City "

I remember us drawing Lincoln in the league cup and watching us lose both legs, that was pretty low

What stands out most in my mind though was another league cup tie around the same time against blackpool, we'd lost the first leg 0 - 1, we won 1 - 0 at maine road and got knocked out on penalties. it was a fricken freezing night, hardly anyone there (was no queue at the bar at h/t), and I got my pay docked for being late for work that night!

a perfect end to a perfect day

Away to Wycombe , long drive home after losing , it was the realisation that we weren't very good any more and the dread that this was going to be our division for many seasons to come.

Never, never, never. Although I was very sad when Franny left as a kid for Derby and gutted to the point of trying to rip my scarf in two when we got beat by Halifax in the F A Cup.
Come rain , snow or sunshine I will follow City till the end. I hope to get in a few more European aways and a lot more highs than lows first though.Ive seen enough lows to last me a lifetime already

Only once, for a few brief moments. When Gillingham scored their second.

I was 13 year old and had seen nothing, absolutely nothing but relegation and boardroom turmoil.

5 mins later i knew why i was blue.

When Stuart Pierce became manager, didn't renew my season ticket. I know it sounds a tad shallow, but I just knew he couldn't cut it as a manager. Full respects to him as a player tho.

Only happened to me once despite all the ups and downs.

I was a bit pissed at the time, but it was when we went 5-1 down to Chelsea in the full members cup final. I had even started to walk out of wembley, but before I got to the turnstiles I said fuck it and went back.

I was okay by the end of the game though as we got it back to 5-4.

hydemainecoms said:
Away to Wycombe , long drive home after losing , it was the realisation that we weren't very good any more and the dread that this was going to be our division for many seasons to come.

Absolutely this.

It was chaos getting there due to a car crash and bad weather and then watching Vaughan prance around like a complete twat. The losing only 1-0 was ok, we were that numb.

Once Royle biffed Vaughan we went nearly 30 matches losing 2 or 3 and then the Gillingham match.

Since 1964 when I first went have I ever thought of binning City. There have been a LOT of lows, even lower than that. But let anybody crack a joke about my team and I will be at them. Wouldn't know where to start with my lows. Think my first was the break up of the 68 team, Neil Young getting transfered jeez. Couldn't get worse than that, or could it.

Ive never felt like giving up on it but the feeling after Blackburn beat us in the FA Cup and the fans turned on Pearce and the players was just awful. A really bad day for the players and fans...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.