Monaco (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that was the prior year. He gave us the penalty Aguero missed. Also gave us a soft-ish penalty against Madrid.
I was going to say, wasn't he pretty decent in the Madrid game, let us get into Ronaldo a bit without giving him freekicks every time he hit the floor. Seem to remember Ronaldo spending a fair amount of the game whinging at the ref.

C6zU3lSWsAAWGtz.jpg

I was going to say, wasn't he pretty decent in the Madrid game, let us get into Ronaldo a bit without giving him freekicks every time he hit the floor. Seem to remember Ronaldo spending a fair amount of the game whinging at the ref.
Yeah Zaba (might have been Richards) and Vinny gave him a few straighteners in that game.

Players on 2 yellows and missing next CL match:

Monaco: Fabinho, Sidibe, Bakayoko, Falcao
City: Otamendi, Sterling, Fernandinho

Could play a tactical role in the match.

The yellow cards will be wiped-out after the QF, so no player may miss the CL final on yellows.

Players on 2 yellows and missing next CL match:

Monaco: Fabinho, Sidibe, Bakayoko, Falcao
City: Otamendi, Sterling, Fernandinho

Could play a tactical role in the match.

The yellow cards will be wiped-out after the QF, so no player may miss the CL final on yellows.
Zaba is one away as well. Let's hope we're the team that have to worry about it.

Thought we played far too high a defensive line in the first leg, was genuinely surprised to see how often we let the Monaco whippets in behind (although this did improve as the game went on and they tired out). Hopefully pragmatism will be the name of the game this leg, keep chances at a minimum.

Can't see us putting in the kind of shambolic defensive display we did first leg and if falco is out can see us getting this done quite early would love a clean sheet!

I don't think we will keep a clean sheet but I'm slightly more concerned that we will not take our chances. It was noticeable during the Barca v PSG game that PSG fluffed two glorious chances when it was 3-1, either of which would have killed the tie. We've left our shooting boots at home too often this season, on Wednesday we really do need to convert the opportunities that we undoubtedly will create.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.