Monaco (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to press them into the stands like we did during both Barca games this year, if we don't they will kill our high line if we don't close down every second, psg retreated into their box from the opening whistle last week and I couldn't believe it, I knew they were going to lose within the first 5 min, I'm really nervous as I'm sure you all are but I also just feel that having pep will give us the tactical edge that will paper over our squad issues, think it will be 2-1 for us or them and we'll go through and get one of the big boys next round

Monaco keeper Subasic wasn't great when Sergio scored for the 2-2 in the 1st leg.

Now look at his howler last weekend v Bordeaux:
at 2:30 - click on the youtube button

I'm watching the first game,they were straight on us playing out from the back,any chance we could do a bit less of that?

Nope. Just got to do it better. If they commit 3 men to press incredibly high, Pep will have Caballero chipping the ball over them to Yaya or the fullbacks.

He didn't do it well in the first game, but he has done it well against some other high intensity presses like Bournemouth.

Nope. Just got to do it better. If they commit 3 men to press incredibly high, Pep will have Caballero chipping the ball over them to Yaya or the fullbacks.

He didn't do it well in the first game, but he has done it well against some other high intensity presses like Bournemouth.
Willy is not as good at it as bravo,but maybe takes less risks with it,i'd forgotten how well we did play in the first game but then we were at home and they will be more aggressive in the 2nd game

Willy is not as good at it as bravo,but maybe takes less risks with it,i'd forgotten how well we did play in the first game but then we were at home and they will be more aggressive in the 2nd game

I actually think they'll be less aggressive because last time they essentially ran out of energy and couldn't deal with us. I assume that this time they'll try and conserve enough energy to last 90 minutes. From their perspective 2 goals against a team with our defence shouldn't be too hard, so I don't think they'll be too panicky and desperate for a goal straight away.

I don't think we will keep a clean sheet but I'm slightly more concerned that we will not take our chances. It was noticeable during the Barca v PSG game that PSG fluffed two glorious chances when it was 3-1, either of which would have killed the tie. We've left our shooting boots at home too often this season, on Wednesday we really do need to convert the opportunities that we undoubtedly will create.

Well we converted 5 in the first leg. So here's hoping.

I actually think they'll be less aggressive because last time they essentially ran out of energy and couldn't deal with us. I assume that this time they'll try and conserve enough energy to last 90 minutes. From their perspective 2 goals against a team with our defence shouldn't be too hard, so I don't think they'll be too panicky and desperate for a goal straight away.
We will concede a couple,it'll be a shoot out best attack wins,gulp lol

We need to be right on our A game here.

Caballero
Sagna Stones Kolarov Clichy
KDB Yaya Silva
Sterling Aguero Sane.

Fight fire with fire and hopefully we'll get through.
Zab over Sagna, Ota over Stones, and Dihno over Clichy.

We have to control play. So all our best ball control players have to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.