Monaco (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zab over Sagna, Ota over Stones, and Dihno over Clichy.
We have to control play. So all our best ball control players have to play

Wouldn't that mean Stones over Ota?

Left back will be key against Sidibe and Bernardo Silva.
Clichy has improved recently, and Dinho didn't do great in the 1st leg on LB.

Whoever will play LB, he will need some support.

I think City won't lose.

I hope the ref does better this time,the last one was a useless fucker
I might go with nico and aleks,john v falcao again no thanks

Agree Stones cocked up, but he was hung out to dry by Otamendi in the first leg
That first leg was the single worst performance Otamendi has put in since he has been here, yep, that bad.

The penalty he gave away was an abomination to defending, he literally didnt even see the world class centre forward goal side of him for the 10 seconds prior to the cross in the build up
Not to mention he threw stones under the bus with Mbappe's goal.
Have to even laugh at the time he got stuck on his arse twice within 3 seconds of each other, yet about 30 yards apart, in the first half

Kolarov and Stones for me at CB. Kompany IF at all fit

Wouldn't that mean Stones over Ota?
Nah. Ota is the best passing Center back at the club at present. He sees plays better when we are in possession carries the ball into space better and threads a better ball on the ground than any other defender. Might trail Kolarov in Long ball accuracy.

Stones is a good passer bit not as good. He is also more tentative, I.e. he has an idea of where people in front of him should be, but if they are not there, he holds on to the ball longer hoping the players ahead correct their error rather than him changing his plan. This makes things tigher and worse, and often he ends up going back to the keeper because of it. Ota's decision making on the ball is far superior to Stones.

Left back will be key against Sidibe and Bernardo Silva.
Clichy has improved recently, and Dinho didn't do great in the 1st leg on LB.

Whoever will play LB, he will need some support.

I think City won't lose.
I know Dihno is a much more proficient footballer than Clichy, and while Clichy has played well in the last few games, he is a net negative for possession and also a net negative on defense.

Sane will help whoever starts. Hoping its Dihno, as Sane is deadlier with a good passer and mover off the ball playing fullback behind him. Clichy is neither of those things. Hence why I wouldn't play him.

Agree Stones cocked up, but he was hung out to dry by Otamendi in the first leg
That first leg was the single worst performance Otamendi has put in since he has been here, yep, that bad.

The penalty he gave away was an abomination to defending, he literally didnt even see the world class centre forward goal side of him for the 10 seconds prior to the cross in the build up
Not to mention he threw stones under the bus with Mbappe's goal.
Have to even laugh at the time he got stuck on his arse twice within 3 seconds of each other, yet about 30 yards apart, in the first half

Kolarov and Stones for me at CB. Kompany IF at all fit
The whole defending was really off,i think nico is not good with john,they don't seem to be on the same wave length at all,aleks has impressed as CB
Yaya played really well so should stay in,the attack picks itself if everyone is fit,RB and LB is up for grabs,i would put zabba one side and sagna the other,i can't wait for team news

I hope the ref does better this time,the last one was a useless fucker
I might go with nico and aleks,john v falcao again no thanks
This guy is apparently known for being card happy.

Was the guy who gave us 5 yelows each vs Barca and Madrid. Although he did give 3 and a red to Madrid.

Point here is he likes his card. And that never favors English teams who play a gritier brand of football.

I would be amazed if Pep didnt bring in at least a few fresh legs from Saturday so think that Sagna, Kolarov & Fernandhino are almost certain to start.

The whole defending was really off,i think nico is not good with john,they don't seem to be on the same wave length at all,aleks has impressed as CB
Yaya played really well so should stay in,the attack picks itself if everyone is fit,RB and LB is up for grabs,i would put zabba one side and sagna the other,i can't wait for team news
Id say Otamendi is better with Stones but Stones is better with Kolarov if that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.