Monaco (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So any draw, or a Monaco win by a 1-goal margain, will see us go through. If we lose by two goals but we score more than three we go through, if we loe 5-3 we go to extra time. I think we should be getting through to the next round.... the trouble is that round will likely consist of this lineup:

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Borussia Dortmund
Atletico Madrid
Juventus
Sevilla
Manchester City

We'll think about that if we get there I suppose, but... yikes.

That's why it's the Champions League. It certainly looks it at this point. Nothing but heavyweights. Honestly, my heart says I'd love us to win it, but my head says it's probably one year too early, maybe two. Once we've got a top-level full back (or two) and also another top-class centre back, hopefully this summer, I think we're definitely talking about us as being amongst the three or four favourites for the competition. Until then, I think it's one hell of a shout.
Don't write off Leicester, by the way. I've got a sneaking suspicion they're back in business. If they were to go through, could we be drawn against them at quarter-final stage?

That's why it's the Champions League. It certainly looks it at this point. Nothing but heavyweights. Honestly, my heart says I'd love us to win it, but my head says it's probably one year too early, maybe two. Once we've got a top-level full back (or two) and also another top-class centre back, hopefully this summer, I think we're definitely talking about us as being amongst the three or four favourites for the competition. Until then, I think it's one hell of a shout.
Don't write off Leicester, by the way. I've got a sneaking suspicion they're back in business. If they were to go through, could we be drawn against them at quarter-final stage?

BBC Sport mentioned Real Madrid fans not wanting to play Barcelona in the QF's so unless they're wrong I think we can draw them, in which case I would like that very much.

Don't see Leicester going through though. Sevilla are the far better team and will get at least an away goal.

Have a nice game everyone, it was a pleasure to read y'all :)

Enjoy the game, let the best team go through :)

________________________Willy__________________

Sagna__________Otamendi_____Stones________Clichy

KDB___________________Yaya______________Silva

Sterling_____________Sergio____________Sane

Wouldn't that mean Stones over Ota?

Left back will be key against Sidibe and Bernardo Silva.
Clichy has improved recently, and Dinho didn't do great in the 1st leg on LB.

Whoever will play LB, he will need some support.

I think City won't lose.

Stones is above Otamendi in the pecking order now. If Kolarov was fit 2 weeks ago, Otamendi wouldn't have played.

Fernandinho at left back
Not after the 1st leg. That was a mistake which Guardiola sorted out. Monaco's pace is one of their biggest assets and possibly our biggest weakness at the back. I'm expecting Clichy to play left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.