Monaco - Post Match thread.

Er, I'm no Pellegrini basher but, among other things, he had Yaya at his absolute peak, a sharper Aguero and didn't Vinnie actually play some games.

Pellegrini was shit no comparisons needed really, if he was in charge now we wouldn't have a chance of top four.

As much as I know that we were capable of getting through, I really can't get out of my head the inept first half performance - not a single shot and barely strung 3 passes together in a full 45 mins. It was the most embarrassing half of football I think I've ever seen as a blue, I know we were playing a decent side but how on earth we managed to be so poor is an utter mystery.
Really? When did you start supporting city? August 2008? May 2012? Why can't people just enjoy this magic period of watching city? Celebrate our victories and be reflectful but magnanimous in defeat. I despair of some of what I can only suppose are younger supporters.

This tie encapsulates where we are at present as a team.

To score 6 in a tie at this level is excellent.

To concede 6 in a tie at this level is the polar opposite.

We are sorted as an attacking unit. The defensive element (from front to back and as 'a team') is woefully short.

New personnel desperately required at GK, FB (both sides), CB and DM.

Mendy, Sidibe and Fabinho for starters please.

It doesn't work like that fella unfortunately

Well the sky has fallen
Apparently
The boys weren't up for it today
Lack of intensity was the culprit for me
Can't figure out why
Couldn't crack their midfield trap in the first half and were pinned back
Hats off to Monaco and good luck in the draw
On to the dippers
No time to dally
Welcome to the big leagues Blues
3 huge games in a row
Hopefully these losses temper the young ones

Just got back to Nice. Feel thoroughly deflated. First half was just incredibly bad, we didn't turn up at all and we're lucky to still be in the tie at half time. Can't understand how Yaya didn't come on at some point for kdb just made no sense to me. I thought we were crying out for the control yaya gives us in the game and kdb just really struggled throughout. Just thought Pep's management was oddly passive.
LF you have my utmost sympathy mate.I like so many other Blues are so frustrated,more so on our ability in shooting instead of fucking passing !! It pisses me off no end and some of the worst players are Sterling and Silva !!
Yaya should have with out doubt come on at some stage to scare thew fuck out of the opposition !!

It's also the kind of situation we have been defending easily all season, but suddenly, in a big game, just like v Celtic, the defence goes to fucking pieces for no obvious reason.

We have given away some chances from set pieces or crosses of late but have not conceded the goals but at this important moment, we conceded, which was unlucky and keeping with the theme.We got through anyway from the group so the Celtic game (if you are talking about the away one) was not that consequential or big certainly compared to the Monaco one but I get your point.

But the injuries..Gabriel(In the moment it happened when he was flying and the slim chance of that happening i.e Metatarsal) Gundogan; Kompany's absence, the suspensions (players fault I know) at the wrong times, poor officiating and of course conceding goals from few chances (especially at the first part of the season) are some of the reasons why we are in this position.

Next season will be the biggest season in Peps career, if he and the club buys badly and the defence is not sorted the knives will be out for him in earnest, the media wankers are already sharpening them tonight
I'm confident he will get it right starting from Sunday and that we will lift the FA cup and finish 2nd, that will do for me this season but need more next year

I hope your right but with that defense I just can't see us winning anything this year. They couldn't stop a balloon. We can score and create chances but major changes needed at the back and we've known it for years.

Next season will be the biggest season in Peps career, if he and the club buys badly and the defence is not sorted the knives will be out for him in earnest, the media wankers are already sharpening them tonight
I'm confident he will get it right starting from Sunday and that we will lift the FA cup and finish 2nd, that will do for me this season but need more next year
Big ask. Defeats like this can hit a team hard. A lot of player will know that their time with City is coming to an end and we are relying on them to help us to finish strongly.

Arsenal need the FA Cup too. Top 4 is tough.

I'm not worried about the future though. We have jesus, Sane and Sterling. That is a hell of a forward line. In behind we have Silva and KDB. We just need to find some defensive players to complement them. We also have a good group of young players coming through so maybe we already have the answer, One way or another City will get better. And these experiences will make us better.

The immediate task if I was Guardiola would be to take Stones aside and say that that 2nd half is now your standard. Your games is carrying the ball out of defence and making an extra man in midfield - so don;t wait until we're 45 mins from elimination in Champions League to step up and do it. Do it every week. You find out what your players are capable of in situtations like this, and I thought Stones was outstanding in the 2nd half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.