Monaco - Post Match thread.

Next season will be the biggest season in Peps career, if he and the club buys badly and the defence is not sorted the knives will be out for him in earnest, the media wankers are already sharpening them tonight
I'm confident he will get it right starting from Sunday and that we will lift the FA cup and finish 2nd, that will do for me this season but need more next year

What worries me most moving forward is that it doesn't matter how good you are, against good teams there are periods when you just need to defend. We have shown absolutely no signs we can do this and the manager doesn't seem to recognise it as important. The game should have been over after Sane scored. We couldn't hold on for 6 minutes.

Will never conquer Europe with De Bruyne, Sterling and (this version of) Aguero playing prominent roles in the team. And that's not to mention the backline and Fernandinho.

Aguero, for a world class forward, missed a ridiculous amount of chances. De Bruyne disappears up his own arse when he has to deal with aggression and athleticism. Sometimes his final ball is his saving grace but tonight it wasn't. And Sterling as good as he has been, also is far far too wasteful. It sounds harsh but to compete at the top table with the style of football we play, we need players in the final third who are as clinical as their counterparts at Barcelona, Real and Bayern. And we also need major work in the obvious areas.
Good point, go back and watch the highlights and see how their players react when they get a chance to score and ours, can't understand how we freeze and fuck up the simplest of shots

weve signed near on £200m pounds worth of talent since then so what's your point ?

Doesn't mean it's panned out.

Bravo went down like a lead balloon.
Nolito has fizzled out.
Jesus injured.
Gundogan injured.
Stones still too raw.

Arguably the only direct upgrade has been Sane. We haven't plugged a single hole otherwise and that's not Pep's fault.

We threw away a 2 goal first leg advantage for the first time in our history - yet internet keyboard warriors throw out insults to anyone who thinks the manager is pretty poor.

#backwardswithpep

Bore off with this bollocks you insatiable bellend. You've been saying stupid shit like bring back Pellegrini since October.

Guess what? Pep's here to stay and will be extended too. Sorry.

How is our team superior Spurs or Liverpool?
Has your white stick snapped ?

Liverpool have Milner at fullback and fucking Chan in midfield , Arsenal are in fucking meltdown and Spurs squad cost a fraction of ours.

Our best players have all been here since 2011 or before so what's your point?

You name me Milner and Can, I name you Willy, Clichy, Sagna, Kolarov and more.

The point is, squad refreshes are normal and required to keep up the pace. We were out paced today due to aging defence and we are the only side to not address this problem.

who if you could would you replace him with,you obviously don't rate him and it seems now weve lost you want to shout about it.

Simeone is an obvious one but there are 3 better pound for pound managers when comparing teams in the current premier league top 4 currently, but the dogmatic pursuit of one manager has undermined us since 2014, and it isn't obviously just the managers fault.

It is like the Kaka failed signing but with a manager, no one sees past the hype.

Just got back to Nice. Feel thoroughly deflated. First half was just incredibly bad, we didn't turn up at all and we're lucky to still be in the tie at half time. Can't understand how Yaya didn't come on at some point for kdb just made no sense to me. I thought we were crying out for the control yaya gives us in the game and kdb just really struggled throughout. Just thought Pep's management was oddly passive.
Shame the team couldn't show an ounce of your commitment.

Simeone is an obvious one but there are 3 better pound for pound managers when comparing teams in the current premier league top 4 currently, but the dogmatic pursuit of one manager has undermined us since 2014, and it isn't obviously just the managers fault.

It is like the Kaka failed signing but with a manager, no one sees past the hype.

Yeah lets get Simeone and all pass out from boredom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.