Money changes everything....

didactic said:
nashark said:
Any fan who has been supporting City longer than Adebayor's arrival will tell you that your post is a load of bollocks.

I chose to ignore you long ago, take the hint. Please. Your little dig has been noted though kudos.

*back to the discussion*

-- Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:29 am --

remoh said:
Oh, yes.

We do need stability, but not under him.

You may have your wish but who to replace him?

back to discussion? lol

nothing, NOTHING has changed with our support, NOTHING.

who did we like 20 years ago? man city and hard player who give their all and flair players

who do we like now? tevez, NDJ, Kompany (hard players who give everything) and silva and johnson (flair players)

banter occurred 20 years ago, it still does now

players get slagged to fuck now just like they did 20 years ago

NOTHING has changed.

didactic said:
nashark said:
Any fan who has been supporting City longer than Adebayor's arrival will tell you that your post is a load of bollocks.

I chose to ignore you long ago, take the hint. Please. Your little dig has been noted though kudos.

*back to the discussion*

remoh said:
Oh, yes.

We do need stability, but not under him.

Martin O'Neill

didactic said:
In a period of four years we have gone from being the most loyal, faithful supporters in the country to worse than our scummy neighbours. Everything about every other team supporter that we hated me have now adapted, we moan, whinge and insult our own players, our manager and every single loss. We have become the worst set of supporters which is why everyone is praying for our downfall and celebrating our every loss.

To those that still remember the days when we stood together and backed the team through rain, sleet or snow I apologise. To those that have let the money get to their heads and become the annoying assholes who most think all City supporters are now, take a good look at yourselves.

I am going to have a drink.

I first visited Maine Road as a two year old in 1967 and started going to city regularly in 1975. In all that time we have been whingeing twats, especially after a few defeats. Just like the fans of every other club. It goes with the job..

That is the point of having money. Having higher expectations. I'm so sick of hearing people whine about the fans changing. Of course they have. The owners have dramatically shifted the expectations for the club.

Do you think that's any different than the Real or Inter fans expect? They expect winning and trophies, our fanbase is no different.

Mad Mario said:
didactic said:

*back to the discussion*

back to discussion? lol

who did we like 20 years ago? man city and hard player who give their all and flair players

who do we like now? tevez, NDJ, Kompany (hard players who give everything) and silva and johnson (flair players)

NOTHING has changed.

Ignore him pal.

He's a glory hunter whose opinion means very little to any true blue.

remoh said:
Martin O'Neill

Problem is I dont think he could lure the level of players we want and need. I think with Mancini at least there is that respect required from players as he has played / managed and won at the highest level.

-- Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:00 am --

Mad Mario said:
back to discussion? lol

NOTHING has changed.

But the players we have now will come good. Its only a matter of time buying new ones every season.

We're only good fans when we're winning.

But that's how it is with every other football club in the world.

didactic said:
In a period of four years we have gone from being the most loyal, faithful supporters in the country to worse than our scummy neighbours. Everything about every other team supporter that we hated me have now adapted, we moan, whinge and insult our own players, our manager and every single loss. We have become the worst set of supporters which is why everyone is praying for our downfall and celebrating our every loss.

To those that still remember the days when we stood together and backed the team through rain, sleet or snow I apologise. To those that have let the money get to their heads and become the annoying assholes who most think all City supporters are now, take a good look at yourselves.

I am going to have a drink.

The first one is on me m8. You've got it bang on. Been a fan since '65, never thought I'd see the day.

CTID

I find it embarrasing how people, who only 5 years ago, had to pay to watch the likes of Vassell, Samaras and Corradi grace the field up front for us and now slag Balotelli and Dzeko off to high heaven. Balotelli is clearly the best striker this club has seen for decades, but people just seem to take one look at him and how he acts and therefore blame absolutely everything on him. He's only played 16 games in a new country, with 2 seperate spells out with fairly long term injuries, and yet he's scored 10 goals for us and he's only just turned 20!

Seriously... This forum should be closed until 9am the next day after a defeat. The place is just spammed with people slagging everyone off about anything they can.

brian the blue said:
I find it embarrasing how people, who only 5 years ago, had to pay to watch the likes of Vassell, Samaras and Corradi grace the field up front for us and now slag Balotelli and Dzeko off to high heaven. Balotelli is clearly the best striker this club has seen for decades, but people just seem to take one look at him and how he acts and therefore blame absolutely everything on him. He's only played 16 games in a new country, with 2 seperate spells out with fairly long term injuries, and yet he's scored 10 goals for us and he's only just turned 20!

Seriously... This forum should be closed until 9am the next day after a defeat. The place is just spammed with people slagging everyone off about anything they can.

Vassell, Samaras and Corradi...? Luxury..! I used to dream of players of that quality who would at least keep us in the Prem..

11-12 yrs ago ALL we wanted was to finish at least 4th from bottom.. winning trophies was just a part of our history.
Obv since my first game was in 77, I've never seen us win anythin.. so for the first time 34yrs success is on the horizon and it is inevitable..

And yes, I know we "should".. be doing better with the players and means at our disposal, but if it takes another year or two, I can cope..
Therefore.. I have no sympathy, at all...for folk on here who can't.. they deserve the obligitory despair.

Leave em to their whining and dismay, as those of us who have endured the true dark days and therefore have a bit more patience... will gain far, far more pleasure when we win something and it will mean so so much more to us..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.