Moscow roll call

bainy said:
bridgeblue said:
dtharrison said:
I am going with Thomas Cook when I booked 3 weeks ago 26 had already booked.
The Thomas Cook trip has sold out, that must be at least 100+

Someone on here said that the thomas cook trip was going via london and was not a charter? this would indicate small numbers??

Looks like Thomas Cook haven't sold enough to fill a coach. Just got this e-mail from City (I'm not going with TC)

Dear Supporter,

As a travelling supporter to Moscow I wanted to provide you with some useful information for your trip. The Supporters Travel Guide should answer any questions that you may have in relation to this match.

Please remember that you need to have a Russian Visa and your passport must be valid beyond 24 April 2014, with at least 2-blank pages. If you have not yet applied for your visa, you can still the use express service through Any Visa until 5pm, Monday 14 October. Further information can be found here.

We have also arranged, via our travel partner Thomas Cook Sport for supporters to pre-book a coach transfer from Bolotnaya Square, Moscow to the Khimki Arena, returning to Bolotnaya Square after the match. The cost is £10 per person and you need to pre-book by 3pm, Friday 18 October. Further information can be found in the attached or you can book here.

You will also find information within the attached relating to flags and banners and the process you need to follow if you wish to take a flag or banner with you.

If there is anything missing or you need further clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

I wish you a safe flight and look forward to seeing you in Moscow.

Kind regards,

Lisa Eaton
Supporter Liaison Officer

Coach leaves at 3 and a half hours before kick off. Traffic must be murder. Think I'll get the train.

de niro said:
117 (I think) so we've beat the 100 mark:)

solo blues, we are going mon-thurs and staying in the arbet district.

pm me for phone number if you want to join us.

We are going Sunday to Sunday so will def text you to meet up

M18SK13 said:
bainy said:
bridgeblue said:
The Thomas Cook trip has sold out, that must be at least 100+

Someone on here said that the thomas cook trip was going via london and was not a charter? this would indicate small numbers??

Looks like Thomas Cook haven't sold enough to fill a coach. Just got this e-mail from City (I'm not going with TC)

Dear Supporter,

As a travelling supporter to Moscow I wanted to provide you with some useful information for your trip. The Supporters Travel Guide should answer any questions that you may have in relation to this match.

Please remember that you need to have a Russian Visa and your passport must be valid beyond 24 April 2014, with at least 2-blank pages. If you have not yet applied for your visa, you can still the use express service through Any Visa until 5pm, Monday 14 October. Further information can be found here.

We have also arranged, via our travel partner Thomas Cook Sport for supporters to pre-book a coach transfer from Bolotnaya Square, Moscow to the Khimki Arena, returning to Bolotnaya Square after the match. The cost is £10 per person and you need to pre-book by 3pm, Friday 18 October. Further information can be found in the attached or you can book here.

You will also find information within the attached relating to flags and banners and the process you need to follow if you wish to take a flag or banner with you.

If there is anything missing or you need further clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

I wish you a safe flight and look forward to seeing you in Moscow.

Kind regards,

Lisa Eaton
Supporter Liaison Officer

Coach leaves at 3 and a half hours before kick off. Traffic must be murder. Think I'll get the train.

The Supporters Travel Guide includes some very important information that should be read by everyone going on this trip. None of the recommended measures should be taken lightly, including the need to carry one's passport and migration card at all times. Apparently they want to see our passports at the ground. As far as European travel goes, this is about as demanding as it gets. After Moscow, places like Munich will seem like a stroll in the park.

I live in Moscow, not far from Khimki, (which is like Bolton in reference to Manchester). I'm still looking for a ticket but i know only Spartak supporters, so no luck so far. If anyone has an extra ticket in Moscow let me know. Also I can help you out with locations. Tverskaya is central and is comparable to 5 Ave for Muscovites. Arbat is a smaller area not far from Tverskaya. There's Old (Stari) Arbat , a Ramblas type street, and New (Novy) Arbat which is a bit Vegas looking. Any questions, ask. Also can send my Russian mobile by PM.

bluespana said:
I live in Moscow, not far from Khimki, (which is like Bolton in reference to Manchester). I'm still looking for a ticket but i know only Spartak supporters, so no luck so far. If anyone has an extra ticket in Moscow let me know. Also I can help you out with locations. Tverskaya is central and is comparable to 5 Ave for Muscovites. Arbat is a smaller area not far from Tverskaya. There's Old (Stari) Arbat , a Ramblas type street, and New (Novy) Arbat which is a bit Vegas looking. Any questions, ask. Also can send my Russian mobile by PM.

Pm me and I'll bring you a ticket over.

Anyone who's going to have a look around Moscow, whilst there, will find this app of the metro system pretty useful & easy to use... It's free as well!
App... Yandex.metro

PM's De Niro.

Yandex. Metro is good. Yandex taxi is also free but a little more complicated.

Personally, the train stations can be confusing. Best bet is the metro, green line to Rechnoy Vokhzal then the bus. Most Russians flag down cheap cars and they act as taxis. Much cheaper. Bring pen and paper write down a price say 200. He might say no. Then write 400 and that should be enough from Rechnoy Vokhzal. Anything over 1000 is considered expensive from the centre, unless your going out to Domodedovo.

Moscow metro introduced a Troika card, like the Oyster card in London recently. Put some credit on that and you can use it on buses, trams as well. Distances are far in Moscow, a very expansive city. A bit like Man City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.