Most gut-wrenching goal we ever conceded?

The Luton goal for me, as soon as it left his foot the world seemed to slow down and go quiet, I remember watching the ball going towards the goal it must have taken about 10 minutes but in real time 3 seconds.

The First Earl said:
Blue Smarties said:
I think I'll save my answer to see whether I've missed any, is that alright?

Scholes winner a couple of seasons ago in the last couple of minutes was a real sickener for me. God know how I'd feel if the same were to happen again :-(
Don't think I've ever been so angry at a goal conceded, last minute, against the rags with the ginger twat running past the city fans before going towards the scrotes and Neville running all the way down the touch line being a twonk, so much rage was ensued.

As for gut-wrenching, in most recent times Owen's winner.

andymafia said:
Gary Speed penalty in injury time against Bolton a few years back. We absolutely dominated the game and hit the bar and post about six times! Dunney handballs it in the last minute and speed put away the pen.

Total sickener and the absolute definition of 'typical city'.

This was the first not so obvious one that sprang to mind. As you said we played them off the pitch the whole match. I think they had one or two shots all game with us hitting the woodwork on almost every shot it seemed, then injury time Dunney Monster. Unbelievable, and as you say, typical city to a T.

owens goal doesnt bother me,couldnt believe they scored at the time,but walking out of that hole,seeing the delight on their faces,i had a wry smile on my face coz i knew we'd arrived as a force to be reckoned with!! and so do they! so many times ive seen us lose there,but theyve never been as giddy as they were that day.

pollocks has been mentioned,but the other one was worse.backpass to margetson,he picks it up,free kick,forwards rush at him to take it quickly.rather than keep hold of the ball,he throws it straight to the forward asking for it,who squares it for his pal to tap into an empty net where margetson should be!
when a game/result matters so much,that takes the piss.stuff like that makes you stand there speachless for several minutes.

Ricardo Villa goal at Wem-Ber-Ley for me, its allways flippin well shown every flippin year makes me sick every time. He was a total donkey too!

Peter Crouch when spurs beat us 1-0 and claimed the 4th champions league spot that was a horrible moment.
or
Michael Owens goal in the 3rd half in the 4-3

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.