Most overrated City player ever?

But he expected everyone else to win the ball back and give it to him while he stood still waiting for it - like the rest of the team were his supporting cast. How does that attitude promote team unity ? He was brilliant for his first season no doubt but overweight and lazy for the rest of his time - though still produced amazing moments albeit with greater infrequency. Pep wouldn't have him anywhere near the current team.
Whilst all that is true he was still a brilliant talent. Under a coach like Pep he would have thrived. Anyway Stan you didn't exactly run around a track back.

Reactions: PPT
I’m going Foden, said it before I’ve no problem with him in the team or anything but some of the talk I hear I just don’t see it

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and that this thread is very subjective but I would say that Fernandinho very much belongs in the category of the two you have mentioned and probably even higher.

Fernandinho was an exceptional footballer.
Bang on

Mahrez is not overrated. Don’t get me wrong.. he’s not one of my favourites but I’m not sure why as technically he is is absolutely sublime. Although I have never taken to him like some of our legends he is some player and he does work harder than I give him credit for. He’s an incredible footballer!
He's good at controlling the ball, cutting inside and shooting. Every. single.time.

He's fairly shit at most other things.

Fannies out of tackles, slows the game down, constantly checks back inside and plays the safety first pass to our full back, holds on to the ball too long, takes too many touches, never spots the overlapping run of our full back, makes terrible decisions with when and who to pass to.

His stats are very good, but I think he's overrated for the reasons stated above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.