Most Overrated Player to Play for City

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by BlueTG, 29 Mar 2020.

1. shevtheblue

shevtheblue

Oh i agree with this, don't get me wrong. But the question was who is the most overrated player, not the worst player. He was a desperate signing for us, as has been detailed by Gary Cook, we literally just needed a name. For example, Kaka was 10x the player that Robinho was and he would have been able to handle the premier league for a longer period. But as a comparison between the two in terms of where they were rated, Robinho was rated much higher at youth and early in his career at Real Madrid than Kaka was at Milan.

DontLookBackInAnger likes this.
  2. Mike N

Mike N

And then there was Porky Parry and his mate on Talksport!

Everything we saw with our own eyes has now been re-written. Lol

3. peoffrey

peoffrey

Team supported:
    Wales
    Yaya was never moved in because no club could afford his wages. He had an attitude problem and only Pep had the go ahead to drop him. I bet there were contract clauses galore to guarantee him certain things. Like Tevez, his time with us will be forever tainted. Aguero is a legend. Yaya is not.

ctid1894 likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Mike N

Mike N

I disagree. Yaya will be talked about by Blues in 50 years time. He is forever a legend of our club.

mccity and Keeper! like this.
  5. 2bluejacko

2bluejacko

Correct... same with me, and imo you won't get anyone on here that agrees with his opinion of Ya Ya

6. peoffrey

peoffrey

Team supported:
    Wales
    The word legend is so overused these days. I look at Kompany, Silva, Aguero and even De Bruyne as legends. Yaya always struck me as having at attitude and also provided some chequered moments.

Fifty years is a bit ambitious. I’m 40 and was maybe 31 when we signed Yaya. Will I be talking about him at 90? I may not be alive!

ctid1894 and Mike N like this.
  7. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

He was a decent player tbf but the situation was toxic. Kevin's performances were OK but his Dad had ruined the dressing room is signing "Spec". John Bond was also given a hard time several local players, including Dave Bennett. I recall coming out of Maine Road one Saturday and there was a small protest on the forecourt. It was the time of the Falklands War and we (my Mum, r kid and I) joined the protestors in signing send John Bond to the Argentines doo daa etc.

Keeper! likes this.
  8. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

Yaya is up there will Bell as our greatest ever player.

9. peoffrey

peoffrey

Team supported:
    Wales
    I prefer Silva and Aguero. We’re doing fine without him.

ctid1894 likes this.
  10. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

Aguero has gone on to stake a claim alongside the greats too and Dave has also been awesome. Yaya was the difference in so many games and that made us great again.