Most underrated City player ever?

Ian Brightwell. Should have been a right back only but because of his engine could play anywhere and ended up loyally filling in other positions because he could go the detriment of his own development.

I feel of he had solely played right back he would have achieved a lot more. Great crosser, could in the tackle and could run all day.

Definitely played his best football at right back and I believe Leeds were in for him around 92 with Quinny and he was close to getting an England call up. Not long after he got crocked and was out for nearly a season and not long after that began our demise.

I think he ended up playing his last games for us at centre half as we had no one better and he was only about 5ft 9.

Ian Brightwell. Should have been a right back only but because of his engine could play anywhere and ended up loyally filling in other positions because he could go the detriment of his own development.

I feel of he had solely played right back he would have achieved a lot more. Great crosser, could in the tackle and could run all day.

Definitely played his best football at right back and I believe Leeds were in for him around 92 with Quinny and he was close to getting an England call up. Not long after he got crocked and was out for nearly a season and not long after that began our demise.

I think he ended up playing his last games for us at centre half as we had no one better and he was only about 5ft 9.

Not the greatest footballer who ever lived but a classic 100% man, every time. And although not a Mancunian, a proper blue, before it became profitable for ex players to declare their undying love for the club.

I remember when he came back to Maine Road as a Walsall player and even though he didn’t play, presumably through injury, he gave an interview to local radio straight after the match. All he wanted to talk about was City and their promotion chances. Constantly using words like “we” and “us”. I was thinking… I hope no Walsall fans are listening to this. He seems to have completely forgotten he plays for them and not us.

If you listened to some of this country's media output over the last couple of weeks, and then watched todays match, you'd have to say that it's Haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.