MotD

When i was a schoolboy in the previous century, Motd showed highlights of two games. On Sunday, the ITV region usually showed another two. If I was at my nan's Sunday, I could squeeze two ITV broadcasts in as she had a different aerial. Depending which way the wind was blowing, could get Huge Johns on Midlands or Gerry Harrison on Anglia as well as Keith Macklin on Leeds, sorry Yorkshire. So on a stellar weekend, I might get highlights of six games. That was all we had and Motd was pretty essential to a ten year old. Sadly, it's had its day. Pretty much all games from all divisions are available now. I only tend to watch if we've stuffed one of the darlings to see the boilt piss steam from pundits and managers. Fine by me if it continues but no longer a must see.

Lineker is an excellent host who effortlessly bridges the divide between pundit/presenter. You either replace him with someone who is more a pundit or someone who is more a presenter, at which point any discussion reverts to pundits explaining what you can see for yourself. His BBC salary is high, true, but he attracts flak because it is paid directly, whereas others have their salaries hidden via production companies.
Yes, it's amazing how many probably get paid more than him by the BBC but use any means open to them to hide it via different routes. Kudos to Lineker for not going down that route.
I love the way he takes the Mickey out of Shearer. Shearer used to be ok but this last couple of seasons he is getting more and more boring and as if he doesn't really care as long as he is getting paid. No interest somehow.
As for Jenas well he is just absolutely sleeping pill time.... actually he might cure my insomnis!!! ;-)

They should get a few youtubers to host Match of the Day and they can incessantly shout in high pitched voices and chaotically jump around the studio and tell us all how to think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.