Mourinho or Mancini

I like Jose and think he will go done as one of the best managers in the game. But I do think his reputation has been damaged in his time at Madrid, not just whats happening now but things seem to need be more and more about him every year.

BillyShears said:
coleridge said:
Indeed but you haven't heard the Chuckle Brothers' spin on it yet...

I'd never want to disappoint one of my obsessive forum admirers so here's my take ... in playing shit for months Madrid still managed to navigate the CL group we finished bottom of. They have admittedly been poor in the league, but then it's not like we've been playing champagne football or are top of our domestic league. All in all, Mourinho could not win another league game this season at Madrid and his reputation would still be relatively untarnished and he'd still be taking his pick when it comes to jobs next summer. I guess this is what bothers the Mourinho haters so much. It doesn't matter what he does, he's still considered the Don of modern football coaches.

And you are still off your nut Billy... I'd rather see Dismal Dave in charge than Mourinho.

Mad

Mancio said:
José is the most overrated manager ever and he's showing it big time at Madrid.a place where even Mark Hughes could win titles as almost every manager has done.

Brilliant guy anyway, could be a very good politician in some bananas Republic like Italy or Portugal, where People dont Watch facts but love commedy.

Would you do me a favour and post a list of all the trophies won by Jose Mourinho, and then post a similar list by any other manager who's won more at the same age?

Don't know how anyone could argue that Mourinho isn't one of the best managers in the world probably the best, to win the CL and UEFA cup at Porto is astonishing, he beat the greatest club side ever to the title last season, dominated english football with Chelsea and Italian football with Inter.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Don't know how anyone could argue that Mourinho isn't one of the best managers in the world probably the best, to win the CL and UEFA cup at Porto is astonishing, he beat the greatest club side ever to the title last season, dominated english football with Chelsea and Italian football with Inter.
Bobby wins the league this year he's won just as much as moo did in his time at chelsea
And would moo have won what he did if city was about then with the money we have now?

BillyShears said:
coleridge said:
Indeed but you haven't heard the Chuckle Brothers' spin on it yet...

I'd never want to disappoint one of my obsessive forum admirers so here's my take ... in playing shit for months Madrid still managed to navigate the CL group we finished bottom of. They have admittedly been poor in the league, but then it's not like we've been playing champagne football or are top of our domestic league. All in all, Mourinho could not win another league game this season at Madrid and his reputation would still be relatively untarnished and he'd still be taking his pick when it comes to jobs next summer. I guess this is what bothers the Mourinho haters so much. It doesn't matter what he does, he's still considered the Don of modern football coaches.

Cheers mate. TBH BM would be a poorer place without you two. I actually defended you the other day! As ever, it's an open offer to meet up, my bro'. Still think you're wrong on Mancini, obviously. And I don't like the agenda for 'third parties'. But blues together, as ever. I said recently that I can see both Fergie and Bobby gone this summer and so we'll see. Not complaining if Jose comes but think he's back to Chelsea myself with Moyes at OT. For now, and for what he's done for us, Forza Mancini!

greasedupdeafguy said:
Can't disagree with this tbh

andyhinch said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Alright but where's the nexus between such fine words and wanting Mancini out?

The cookie monster said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Bobby wins the league this year he's won just as much as moo did in his time at chelsea
And would moo have won what he did if city was about then with the money we have now?
Mourinho would 2 league cups while he was at Chelsea and also got Chelsea to the Semis of the CL. I do agree with your second point though United were much weaker during Mourinhos reign but I still don't get how anyone could argue with his record. Could you see Mancini winning Porto the CL and UEFA cup?

The cookie monster said:

Mourinho won 5 trophies at Chelsea. Bobby's won two at City. Your maths is a little off ... ;)<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:12 pm --<br /><br />
coleridge said:
andyhinch said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Alright but where's the nexus between such fine words and wanting Mancini out?

That which makes it harder is that you can say "i want us to sign Messi" knowing he'll replace David Silva in our team, without sounding like you want Silva out. Saying you want Mourinho, because it would need Mancini's sacking, becomes much more problematic for those less cynical than me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.