Mourinho or Mancini

Didsbury Dave said:
There are too many big names, too many big egos, too many big salaries and too much internal and external pressure for the likes of Moyes and Laudrup. And the project is balanced too finely to take a risk. We've lost a lot of momentum and credibility this season and that needs to be turned around straight away.

I'd agree with that but Barca took a risk on Pep...

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
I think we are more likely to end up with Moyes than Mou! Although part of me really couldn't see Begiristain recommending him as our next manager, there seems to be growing chatter about it. Moyes is a good manager but has never proved to me that he is anything more than a meat and potatoes type of manager; whereas we need elBulli fare.

If you're a betting man ... Laudrup is the horse to back if Mancini goes this summer. Certainly reading the background of his relationship with Txiki, and how close he was to getting the Barca job (along with Jose) ... I'd be shocked if he wasn't an outstanding candidate in their eyes.

He hasn't got the pedigree of winning trophies, though, Billy, like Moyes.

We need someone for "Phase 3" of the project. Even if Txiki is his mate, I don't think ADUG will approve a gamble manager. If Mourinho's out of reach I think we'll be looking at the likes of Ancelotti.

Don't do this to yourself, mate.

Don't bet it all on black just yet.

Ancelotti is way behind some of the names now being mentioned here.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
I think we are more likely to end up with Moyes than Mou! Although part of me really couldn't see Begiristain recommending him as our next manager, there seems to be growing chatter about it. Moyes is a good manager but has never proved to me that he is anything more than a meat and potatoes type of manager; whereas we need elBulli fare.

If you're a betting man ... Laudrup is the horse to back if Mancini goes this summer. Certainly reading the background of his relationship with Txiki, and how close he was to getting the Barca job (along with Jose) ... I'd be shocked if he wasn't an outstanding candidate in their eyes.

We need someone for "Phase 3" of the project. Even if Txiki is his mate, I don't think ADUG will approve a gamble manager. If Mourinho's out of reach I think we'll be looking at the likes of Ancelotti.

Look at the academy though, who better to promote 4-3-3 ajax model than pne of their best ever players, who just so happens to be a Barca legend too. Ticks the 'understands importance of youth' box, ticks the 'gets on with owners and shares mutual vision on how football should be played' box and ticks the 'gets on with players and media' box.

I'm going for this, I think he'd be a great choice outside of Klopp or Jose.

As you say, he's unproven somewhat but so too is Moyes and I have my doubts that we'd go for a Chelsea and PSG 'reject' boss. I know he's a great manager but Laudrup ticks more boxes and also is fluent in Spanish and English, he has everything bar proven track record but if we wait for that then it means someone else would've taken the punt and most likely won.

Out of us or Chelsea, I'd back all my money on us winning a battle to sign him. The Swansea players like him, he has them playing better than Rogers did when many thought they'd regress under second season syndrome. They lost Allen (best player) and signed Michu and still pocketed £12m in the process. He has an eye for a player, affable, successful as a player at the highest stages and most importantly has pedigree in playing and understanding in models we are emulating. If he had a premier league and CL under his belt he'd be mentioned in the breath of other top managers, we should and hopefully will be the people to give him the 'premier league and CL under his belt'. ;)<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:27 pm --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:

I suppose it depends upon who they leave with the final say on the coach. By definition it's Txiki's job the final say rests with him and Ferran, in which case I can see Laudrup being high up the list. If it goes to Khaldoun and Mansour then I agree it may well be that they'll look into the likes of Ancelotti, Del Bosque, and other older but highly decorated coaches.

Del Bosque would be a great fit but I can see him wanting the Rio 2014 WC.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
There are too many big names, too many big egos, too many big salaries and too much internal and external pressure for the likes of Moyes and Laudrup. And the project is balanced too finely to take a risk. We've lost a lot of momentum and credibility this season and that needs to be turned around straight away.

They did, and it worked, but it was more of a managed risk in that they knew him intimately. And it could be argued that the Barcelona model was less about a "figurehead" and more about a tactically aware "Head Coach". Barca's name sells itself in the transfer market. Ours doesn't. Whoever and whenever our next manager is, he has to be able to not only manage big names but bring them through the door too. If we have a Moyes or Laudrup trying to do deals with the likes of Falcau and Ronaldo, it will be like going back to Mark Hughes's days.

We'll progress further with one, we won't with the other.
One's a huge ****, the other isn't.
If Mourinho were to come, my only hope would be that we'd see the same Mou we saw at Chelsea, not at Madrid.

The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
The cookie monster said:
I didnt realise mourinho was hated this much
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2277129/Jose-Mourinho-struggling-Real-Madrid-ahead-Manchester-United-match.html#axzz2KfPHMlpt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2KfPHMlpt</a>
He has known it is over at Real Madrid since about September time. Wont leave though in vain hope he can win the CL again
Its funny how folk on here say he keeps everything in house and doesnt go public with squabbles in the dressing room
He is the complete opposite
And players will walk through walls for him,try tellin that to the 7 players who will quit the club if he stays on...
Only place left for this tool is the chavs where he will fit in just right..
If he did come here would you have a little cry?

Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

They did, and it worked, but it was more of a managed risk in that they knew him intimately. And it could be argued that the Barcelona model was less about a "figurehead" and more about a tactically aware "Head Coach". Barca's name sells itself in the transfer market. Ours doesn't. Whoever and whenever our next manager is, he has to be able to not only manage big names but bring them through the door too. If we have a Moyes or Laudrup trying to do deals with the likes of Falcau and Ronaldo, it will be like going back to Mark Hughes's days.
Very harsh. Mark Hughes managed to prize Tal Ben Haim away from Chelsea. No mean feat.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
He has known it is over at Real Madrid since about September time. Wont leave though in vain hope he can win the CL again
Its funny how folk on here say he keeps everything in house and doesnt go public with squabbles in the dressing room
And players will walk through walls for him,try tellin that to the 7 players who will quit the club if he stays on...
No i would get behind him 100%
He's going to the chavs though mate,the deals done.

The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
The cookie monster said:
You got money on that?
Only ask because I might have a lump on

The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
The cookie monster said:

Got proof on that last line?

I think he will go there if we don't get him. One or the other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.