Mourinho or Mancini

You're not convincing me yet, I'm afraid, lads.

I've seen too many "young, hungry" managers come and go who can ultimately only deliver with the wind in the right direction and a nice well maintained sail. Now I accept that for every Stuart Pearce there's a Sven, but our job is a hard one. There are a lot of people to keep happy. A lot of charm and manipulation is needed to keep the players onside when they cost £25m and aren't getting picked.

I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket: We can take our pick from around the world without resorting to someone relatively untested.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
If you're a betting man ... Laudrup is the horse to back if Mancini goes this summer. Certainly reading the background of his relationship with Txiki, and how close he was to getting the Barca job (along with Jose) ... I'd be shocked if he wasn't an outstanding candidate in their eyes.

He hasn't got the pedigree of winning trophies, though, Billy, like Moyes.

We need someone for "Phase 3" of the project. Even if Txiki is his mate, I don't think ADUG will approve a gamble manager. If Mourinho's out of reach I think we'll be looking at the likes of Ancelotti.

Don't do this to yourself, mate.

Don't bet it all on black just yet.

Ancelotti is way behind some of the names now being mentioned here.

and who ?

Didsbury Dave said:
They did, and it worked, but it was more of a managed risk in that they knew him intimately. And it could be argued that the Barcelona model was less about a "figurehead" and more about a tactically aware "Head Coach". Barca's name sells itself in the transfer market. Ours doesn't. Whoever and whenever our next manager is, he has to be able to not only manage big names but bring them through the door too. If we have a Moyes or Laudrup trying to do deals with the likes of Falcau and Ronaldo, it will be like going back to Mark Hughes's days.

We would be a harder sell without a proven top line manager in place; especially if we are cutting back on the silly salaries, but not an impossible sell. Let's hope we manage to win the FA Cup so that we can point to three consecutive trophy winning seasons.

The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
The cookie monster said:
Its funny how folk on here say he keeps everything in house and doesnt go public with squabbles in the dressing room
He is the complete opposite
And players will walk through walls for him,try tellin that to the 7 players who will quit the club if he stays on...
Only place left for this tool is the chavs where he will fit in just right..
If he did come here would you have a little cry?
No i would get behind him 100%
He's going to the chavs though mate,the deals done.

There's been a fair bit of money on him landing the PSG gig mate.
He's in to 5's from much bigger.
I could see that happening,given the budget he would have to work with.

Didsbury Dave said:

I've seen too many "young, hungry" managers come and go who can ultimately only deliver with the wind in the right direction and a nice well maintained sail. Now I accept that for every Stuart Pearce there's a Sven, but our job is a hard one. There are a lot of people to keep happy. A lot of charm and manipulation is needed to keep the players onside when they cost £25m and aren't getting picked.

I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket: We can take our pick from around the world without resorting to someone relatively untested.

Who you want ? Mourinho ?

The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
The cookie monster said:
You got money on that?
Only ask because I might have a lump on
No i havnt mate...for once :)
Theres no where else for him,its the only option.
Well when Mancini is sacked at the end of the season there will be a space for him.

Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
There are too many big names, too many big egos, too many big salaries and too much internal and external pressure for the likes of Moyes and Laudrup. And the project is balanced too finely to take a risk. We've lost a lot of momentum and credibility this season and that needs to be turned around straight away.

I'd agree with that but Barca took a risk on Pep...

They did, and it worked, but it was more of a managed risk in that they knew him intimately. And it could be argued that the Barcelona model was less about a "figurehead" and more about a tactically aware "Head Coach". Barca's name sells itself in the transfer market. Ours doesn't. Whoever and whenever our next manager is, he has to be able to not only manage big names but bring them through the door too. If we have a Moyes or Laudrup trying to do deals with the likes of Falcau and Ronaldo, it will be like going back to Mark Hughes's days.

That's very good point.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
If he did come here would you have a little cry?

There's been a fair bit of money on him landing the PSG gig mate.
He's in to 5's from much bigger.
I could see that happening,given the budget he would have to work with.

Im confused how City have a budget and PSG dont but my keep my eye on the manager market this summer as Mou will be leaving and will have a vast pick of jobs
Cant see why PSG would want to get rid of Ancelotti yet though, done a decent job so far

BlueDejong said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Who you want ? Mourinho ?

That's not a serious question to DD is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.