Mourinho or Mancini

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
They did, and it worked, but it was more of a managed risk in that they knew him intimately. And it could be argued that the Barcelona model was less about a "figurehead" and more about a tactically aware "Head Coach". Barca's name sells itself in the transfer market. Ours doesn't. Whoever and whenever our next manager is, he has to be able to not only manage big names but bring them through the door too. If we have a Moyes or Laudrup trying to do deals with the likes of Falcau and Ronaldo, it will be like going back to Mark Hughes's days.

We would be a harder sell without a proven top line manager in place; especially if we are cutting back on the silly salaries, but not an impossible sell. Let's hope we manage to win the FA Cup so that we can point to three consecutive trophy winning seasons.

I share same worries but realistically players would be looking at our current stature more than anything else. We offer a good chance of silverware and we offer very good wages, good wages will be paid to big players and we will be cutting down wages of Kolarov type players rather than Aguero type players.

World class player,
Good wages that beat 99% that others offer,
Great players to play alongside,
Good chance of silverware on all fronts, headway into Europe and CL inclusion,
To be part of 'the next Barca' project,

I think all the above sells itself, if they are unsure they only have to look at Aguero, Silva and Yaya who all made a move away from Spain and hit the ground running and have won things whilst picking up great wages.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
If he did come here would you have a little cry?
No i would get behind him 100%
He's going to the chavs though mate,the deals done.

There's been a fair bit of money on him landing the PSG gig mate.
He's in to 5's from much bigger.
I could see that happening,given the budget he would have to work with.

Its the prem for him mate
For some reason the press are always in double wank mode when he's over here,he knows it and laps it up
I think the rags is the one he wants,i cant see the powers that be having him anywhere near their club,plus purple nose is still around
Our owners and the spanish duo wouldnt have an headcase like him here running riot here that is for certain
Only that shambles of a club chelsea for him left.

OB1 said:
BlueDejong said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You're not convincing me yet, I'm afraid, lads.

I've seen too many "young, hungry" managers come and go who can ultimately only deliver with the wind in the right direction and a nice well maintained sail. Now I accept that for every Stuart Pearce there's a Sven, but our job is a hard one. There are a lot of people to keep happy. A lot of charm and manipulation is needed to keep the players onside when they cost £25m and aren't getting picked.

I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket: We can take our pick from around the world without resorting to someone relatively untested.

Who you want ? Mourinho ?

That's not a serious question to DD is it?

Haha. Someone's not been paying attention ;-)

If I'm honest, although Mourinho would of course be my first choice, as long as it's someone better than Mancini I'll be happy. That doesn't leave a small pool in my opinion. I'm not in the "he's a great manager but there are a few better" camp, never have been.

The cookie monster said:
The cookie monster said:
No i would get behind him 100%
He's going to the chavs though mate,the deals done.

For some reason the press are always in double wank mode when he's over here,he knows it and laps it up
I think the rags is the one he wants,i cant see the powers that be having him anywhere near their club,plus purple nose is still around
Our owners and the spanish duo wouldnt have an headcase like him here running riot here that is for certain
[/quote]

I stare at the screen bemused by this.

What the fuck!

They are reigning FA Cup holder and CL winners, have a nearly complete jigsaw puzzle that just needs a CB and CF (Hummels and Falcao woudl be perfect for them) and a young squad. Where is the shambles? It's absolute bollocks to be frank.

NipHolmes said:
The cookie monster said:

What the fuck!

They are reigning FA Cup holder and CL winners, have a nearly complete jigsaw puzzle that just needs a CB and CF (Hummels and Falcao woudl be perfect for them) and a young squad. Where is the shambles? It's absolute bollocks to be frank.[/quote]
Hi Frank im Harold and I actually agree with you
I think he may be coming from the Abramovich/Buck sort of angle though

NipHolmes said:
The cookie monster said:

What the fuck!

They are reigning FA Cup holder and CL winners, have a nearly complete jigsaw puzzle that just needs a CB and CF (Hummels and Falcao woudl be perfect for them) and a young squad. Where is the shambles? It's absolute bollocks to be frank.[/quote]

They might win trophies but that is one badly run fucking club
How can you have a racist captain running the ship?
And i'm just glad our owners dont pick the teamsheet like the mad russian does

The cookie monster said:
NipHolmes said:

What the fuck!

They are reigning FA Cup holder and CL winners, have a nearly complete jigsaw puzzle that just needs a CB and CF (Hummels and Falcao woudl be perfect for them) and a young squad. Where is the shambles? It's absolute bollocks to be frank.

They might win trophies but that is one badly run fucking club
How can you have a racist captain running the ship?
And i'm just glad our owners dont pick the teamsheet like the mad russian does[/quote]

Fair comment but imo Terry will be fucked off the day Jose returned, eye for an eye an all that.

I doubt Roman will repeat what he once did, in the meantime he's acquired some fantastic players and nearly assembled an outfit capable of good things for the next 5 years easily. A CB and Striker along with Jose will see them win the league next year imho. I say that in the hope Chelsea finish 5th or worse and cannot compete next year for top names and hope that Roman scared off all top managers. If we keep Mancini and don't back adequately next season then we have United and Chelsea (with Jose) to compete with, I think third wouldnd't be a bad result. Just shows how imperitive it is to get things right, from who is manager to our playing staff rosta. Shit needs sorting because next season will only get harder.

The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
The cookie monster said:
I didnt realise mourinho was hated this much
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2277129/Jose-Mourinho-struggling-Real-Madrid-ahead-Manchester-United-match.html#axzz2KfPHMlpt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2KfPHMlpt</a>
He has known it is over at Real Madrid since about September time. Wont leave though in vain hope he can win the CL again
Its funny how folk on here say he keeps everything in house and doesnt go public with squabbles in the dressing room
He is the complete opposite
And players will walk through walls for him,try tellin that to the 7 players who will quit the club if he stays on...
Only place left for this tool is the chavs where he will fit in just right..
Possibly but I think PSG is his logical choice as it keeps him in line for a certain English job he covets. As far as being blind to his foibles, I've always insisted he has issues. For some reason, the English press gets starry-eyed around him, though. It's odd, but I'm not above City using that to further themselves.

The most intriguing potential stumbling block is our Director of Football equivalent. It's no secret how he and Mourinho feel about each other. Someone like Laudrup might fit better in the system he wants as well. He could very well solve our biggest on-field problem, too, which despite everyone railing about lack of pace and players holding the ball is in actuality off the ball movement. We're far too static, and rely too much on a creative player hopefully making something happen on his own. I think Mourinho and Laudrup are smart enough to see that.

Heard while in London yesterday - that the roads have opened up for a return to Chelsea for Mourinho, hence the potential of renewing Lampard

Mourinho rates him highly and would love him at the club and potential future coach

I'd be gutted if he ends up at Chelsea

crystal_mais said:
Heard while in London yesterday - that the roads have opened up for a return to Chelsea for Mourinho, hence the potential of renewing Lampard

Mourinho rates him highly and would love him at the club and potential future coach

I'd be gutted if he ends up at Chelsea

Im in London 24hrs a day for almost 300 days a year and I never hear anything like this. How comes you come for a day and get some sneaky info???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.