Mourinho or Mancini

Can anyone actually confirm Mourinho and Txiki are friends and that Txiki has stayed at Mourinho's house? Supposing Mourinho did come here, that'd certainly help the Director of Football <-> Coach link but I'm not sure where the story comes from?

Ian Herbert said Mourinho was doing a bad job of pretending he doesn't want the United job but Herbert is a stonewall rag so may have been seeing what he wanted to see.

Mourinho does love Chelsea and he is widely considered to covet the United role plus, I suspect he probably does not get just who City are (I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks Chelsea have always been a bigger club than City) so I can see him being reluctant to come to City. Some would probably argue that if the foregoing is correct, he's really not someone we want at City; I would not personally rule him out on that basis but if Mancini goes, I'd like someone in who really takes to being at City (in the way, for example, people like Vieira, Zab and Kompany have).

His comments before our games against Real Madrid allude to that he doesn't want the City job.

LoveCity said:
Can anyone actually confirm Mourinho and Txiki are friends and that Txiki has stayed at Mourinho's house? Supposing Mourinho did come here, that'd certainly help the Director of Football <-> Coach link but I'm not sure where the story comes from?

Ian Herbert said Mourinho was doing a bad job of pretending he doesn't want the United job but Herbert is a stonewall rag so may have been seeing what he wanted to see.
Unlikely: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sabotagetimes.com/reportage/how-real-madrids-mourinho-failed-his-barca-job-interview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sabotagetimes.com/reportage/ ... interview/</a>

tolmie's hairdoo said:
crystal_mais said:
Heard while in London yesterday - that the roads have opened up for a return to Chelsea for Mourinho, hence the potential of renewing Lampard

Mourinho rates him highly and would love him at the club and potential future coach

I'd be gutted if he ends up at Chelsea

Lampard's agents issued a fierce denial yesterday that Lampard had held any talks about a new extension, insisting no approach, despite a press report.

If that call had been made and Jose was going back, Rob Beasley, his pal at The Sun would have already done so.

Beasley is fighting for his job after insisting Pep was 100 per cent coming to us, 48 hours before joining Bayern.

In addition, absolutely no chance Mourinho would come out with comments saying Roman only has to ring him, never happened.

Be pretty fecking stupid limiting his options and breaching his existing Real contract.

Hoping you are right. I'm still hoping there is a chance him replacing Mancini or desperate for him to replace him- but thats me :)

OB1 said:
Mourinho does love Chelsea and he is widely considered to covet the United role plus, I suspect he probably does not get just who City are (I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks Chelsea have always been a bigger club than City) so I can see him being reluctant to come to City. Some would probably argue that if the foregoing is correct, he's really not someone we want at City; I would not personally rule him out on that basis but if Mancini goes, I'd like someone in who really takes to being at City (in the way, for example, people like Vieira, Zab and Kompany have).

I agree he may be emotionally drawn to Chelsea but I do think he would find the idea of coming to City an attractive one. He will know exactly what a ball ache it is working for Abramovic and even if they make up to some extent, he will still be considering that a problem. At City he will have a similarly big budget and more stable employers. Also, we have been so pathetic in Europe that I think he'd love to come and show how he can change a club from group stage failures to genuine contenders. Also, I know people say he covets the united job but I think the idea of being their neighbours and competing with them would equally appeal. I think our support would soon love him despite what they think now and it would actually all be a really good fit and he would love it at City. Having said all that, I'm not remotely convinced our hierarchy will want him anyway!

Probably won't mean much to Mourinho now, but he does have a very strong City connection. Malcolm Allison was his first real footballing mentor at Vitória de Setúbal, which was the club that gave Mourinho his break into professional football. The Portugese press wrote about it when Big Mal died and said that he'd been a great influence on Jose.

Ray78 said:
His comments before our games against Real Madrid allude to that he doesn't want the City job.
To the contrary, I think his "if I had got Real knocked out of Champions league twice in a row I wouldn't be allowed back inside Madrid" (or something to that effect) comments after the Etihad game seem to be him engineering a managerial opening at Mancini's expense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.