Mourinho or Mancini

I should add, that's just from an interview dated late March where he talks about the twins.

FWIW I'm sure the same has been said on here about De Jong and that was why he left.

moomba said:
Just to clarify, Boatengs twins were born about 2 weeks after the Kiev game, about 5 weeks premature.

Must have one hell of a labour.

That's that then.

On a tangent about pregnancy but a funny one.
Frank Skinners book (I paraphrase), 'A colleague of mine wasn't the sharpest knife in the draw, he had a kid and it had a bit of colour, we asked him why that was and he told us it was because his missus took Iron tablets through pregnancy'.

moomba said:
I should add, that's just from an interview dated late March where he talks about the twins.

FWIW I'm sure the same has been said on here about De Jong and that was why he left.

:). Who needs tabloids when you have DD and BS

The cookie monster said:
I dont know one city fan who has that much hate towards our manager than you billy.

I know loads of Blues who think Mancini's a bit of a charlatan, which is ultimately what I think he is. He's not a bad manager, but he isn't in the same league as guys like Mourinho and Guardiola, and maybe if he carried himself with a little more humility and didn't lash out at his players whenever things went wrong, I'd be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Either way, I'm comfortable with my feelings towards Mancini. He's a football manager so it's not like we're discussing the future of our first born children. At the end of the day even if Mancini is sacked he'll take a multimillion pound pay off and get another job and carry on getting richer and richer.

I just want what's best for City and I don't think Mancini is ...

moomba said:

Now we're getting closer to the truth.

What I described happened. And I'm telling you that the whole pre-birth period is fraught with worry and danger when twins are involved. My wife went into hospital several times with pre-eclampsia and false alarms, over a period of several weeks.

In the end, six week's premature, her waters broke one morning and within a few hours we had two scrawny little things being kept alive in the intensive care unit.

I'm not telling anyone to believe me, you can choose not to if you want. Someone asked, and I revealed. I should have known better after the last time Billy did it.

I don't lie on here.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rolee said:
Billy, who is this player Mancini forced to travel when his wife was in labour? Was that at Inter? Did he have the authority to make that call when he was there but diesel have the authority to give Tevez a few days off for a family issue at City.

Can you please help me understand, thanks.

I'll tell you. It was Jerome Boateng when we played in a UEFA cup game, a long way away. Might have been Kiev, can't remember.

Not only was his wife in labour, but it was with twins. As the father of twins I can tell you first hand that the birth of twins is quite traumatic, as it's usually premature and leads to the babies having to go into intensive care.

He received the call to travel by text message, and received no response to his pleas for understanding. When he got there a car took him to the team hotel. The manager said nothing to him about this, didn't pick him and he just had to hang around whilst his wife went through the whole thing.

That's what Billy is referring to, and is exactly what happened and a major reason he left.

I can certainly confirm the birth of twins can extremely emotional and complicated: there were 10 medical staff in the theatre when my wife gave birth five weeks prematurely to our daughters. Also, we had one notable false alarm and other medical issues in the run-up to the birth so it's entirely possible that Boateng something happened in Boateng's case that meant he felt he should be at his wife's side, even if the twins were born two weeks after the game. Were they born two weeks after the game or did they come out of hospital two weeks later?

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Rolee said:
Billy, who is this player Mancini forced to travel when his wife was in labour? Was that at Inter? Did he have the authority to make that call when he was there but diesel have the authority to give Tevez a few days off for a family issue at City.

Can you please help me understand, thanks.

I'll tell you. It was Jerome Boateng when we played in a UEFA cup game, a long way away. Might have been Kiev, can't remember.

Not only was his wife in labour, but it was with twins. As the father of twins I can tell you first hand that the birth of twins is quite traumatic, as it's usually premature and leads to the babies having to go into intensive care.

He received the call to travel by text message, and received no response to his pleas for understanding. When he got there a car took him to the team hotel. The manager said nothing to him about this, didn't pick him and he just had to hang around whilst his wife went through the whole thing.

That's what Billy is referring to, and is exactly what happened and a major reason he left.

I can certainly confirm the birth of twins can extremely emotional and complicated: there were 10 medical staff in the theatre when my wife gave birth five weeks prematurely to our daughters. Also, we had one notable false alarm and other medical issues in the run-up to the birth so it's entirely possible that Boateng something happened in Boateng's case that meant he felt he should be at his wife's side, even if the twins were born two weeks after the game. Were they born two weeks after the game or did they come out of hospital two weeks later?

Come on Moomba, give us your "facts"....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.