Mourinho or Mancini

Didsbury Dave said:
Danamy said:
SWP's back said:
No, on this one he just wanted to show everyone how "Jose" he is. It cannot have helped the players before the game having that sideshow going on.

I quote:

“Those who want to whistle me they can do it. People who come later should support their team, support their Real Madrid so that Real Madrid can achieve its objective which is to win the match.

I see that as him putting himself forward to take any criticism from the fans before the players come out, protecting them for the greater need.

It's an interesting debate because both Jose and Bob have pros and cons which all individuals have but looking at the overall picture Jose wins it for me.

Like I said earlier I don't understand why some posters get so defensive for Bob on this debate, it's no different to comparing Messi with Silva?

They get so defensive because they know full well that Mourinho is a serious threat to Mancini, and they know full well that an element of this forum would welcome him with open arms. So it makes them feel a bit better about themselves to do him down.

He'd be adored if he ever came, of course.

He's not any more though is he? Our new CEO and Director of Football or whatever his title is don't like him. If there's a 'threat' it's Guardiola. There's plenty of reasons for disliking Mourinho as there are for disliking Mancini.

Danamy said:
MSP said:
Mourinho is goner next summer. No chance he'll stay,no matter what they do in Champions League. He started wars with Spanish media, specially RM ones already, that's last step before his departure.

Take it as you want but this situation at Madrid puts some more pressure on Mancini, Mourinho is all but available next year and it might be - perform or "die".

Though I'm not sure if Mourinho would really want City job. He likes to be loved by his club fans and he knows he isn't really City fans hero.

On the contrary, Mourinho wants City but I'm told the feeling isn't mutual

May be, I'm not sure about Shaikh, there were numerous reports that he wanted him though it might changed, but it's reasonable to expect these ex-Barca guys are not really his hardest fans.

I don't think Mourinho will ever be here, but if he did, it would be a one or two year whistle stop tour before taking over the reins at the swamp. I think it's far less likely still now that Txiki Begiristain is here.

Danamy said:
SWP's back said:
Danamy said:
Deadly

That's the game he plays, puts himself in the firing line to take the pressure off his players, he's done it many times in press conferences.
No, on this one he just wanted to show everyone how "Jose" he is. It cannot have helped the players before the game having that sideshow going on.

I quote:

“Those who want to whistle me they can do it. People who come later should support their team, support their Real Madrid so that Real Madrid can achieve its objective which is to win the match.

I see that as him putting himself forward to take any criticism from the fans before the players come out, protecting them for the greater need.

It's an interesting debate because both Jose and Bob have pros and cons which all individuals have but looking at the overall picture Jose wins it for me.

Like I said earlier I don't understand why some posters get so defensive for Bob on this debate, it's no different to comparing Messi with Silva?
I'm not defensive of Bob. I think Jose has proven a more succesful manager so far.

But I'm still shocked you're taken in by Jose's quite above though.

These threads remind me of the threads about Bellamy before he signed. I remember certain posters going so far as to say they'd give up their season tickets if we signed him.

Personally I don't think Mourinho will come to City, but if he did, even his biggest detractors in this thread would be eating out of the palm of his hand by the time he'd answered his first question at his first press conference.

BillyShears said:
These threads remind me of the threads about Bellamy before he signed. I remember certain posters going so far as to say they'd give up their season tickets if we signed him.

Personally I don't think Mourinho will come to City, but if he did, even his biggest detractors in this thread would be eating out of the palm of his hand by the time he'd answered his first question at his first press conference.

Haha your right.. In a few years if we get rid of Mancini wouldn't say no to Mourinho..

BillyShears said:

Oh dear

The cookie monster said:
BillyShears said:

Oh dear

The truth can sting sometimes mate ... it's ok though, it's character building too ... :)

BillyShears said:

You always have holdout that love to try to shift the argument to suit their needs. If they've taken a personal dislike or feel slighted by fellow forum members, they'll invent methods if they have to do so in order to downplay any of his accomplishments and highlight any of his successes.

It's moot as the ex-Barca guys we have now despise him and the feeling is mutual, and frankly? I'm an admitted Mourinho fan, but the first thing he would do when he got here would be to play his backroom political game to try and undermine and oust Begiristain. Mourinho works best when he has a target to shift blame. It helps him build that siege mentality that works very well for him.

BillyShears said:

I'm not "anti-Jose" and never have been. But surely we are allowed to comment on what does not appear to be a good season for him in Madrid as its pertinent to the thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.