Mourinho or Mancini

taconinja said:
It's moot as the ex-Barca guys we have now despise him and the feeling is mutual, and frankly? I'm an admitted Mourinho fan, but the first thing he would do when he got here would be to play his backroom political game to try and undermine and oust Begiristain. Mourinho works best when he has a target to shift blame. It helps him build that siege mentality that works very well for him.

I'm not convinced by this to be honest. I realise that they gave Pep the job over Mourinho, but they interviewed Mourinho. That shows that he was seriously considered. Plus Txiki and Ferran are not stupid men. Consistent success on the field is of paramount importance to our club, and Mourinho all but guarantees that. Like I say, I don't think he'll come, but I don't think it'll be because our new guys don't like Mourinho ... it'll just be that they like Pep more, and know his methods.

BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:
BillyShears said:
These threads remind me of the threads about Bellamy before he signed. I remember certain posters going so far as to say they'd give up their season tickets if we signed him.

Personally I don't think Mourinho will come to City, but if he did, even his biggest detractors in this thread would be eating out of the palm of his hand by the time he'd answered his first question at his first press conference.
Oh dear

The truth can sting sometimes mate ... it's ok though, it's character building too ... :)
Very true but as I dout you no every poster on here it was a very silly thing to say

SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:
These threads remind me of the threads about Bellamy before he signed. I remember certain posters going so far as to say they'd give up their season tickets if we signed him.

Personally I don't think Mourinho will come to City, but if he did, even his biggest detractors in this thread would be eating out of the palm of his hand by the time he'd answered his first question at his first press conference.
I'm not "anti-Jose" and never have been. But surely we are allowed to comment on what does not appear to be a good season for him in Madrid as its pertinent to the thread.

You can comment on whatever you like mate, and you're absolutely right that this is absolutely the place to discuss/comment his season at Madrid. I was talking more about those who just make really facile statements like "i don't want that **** at our club" based on an image they have of him, which has nothing to do with his merits as a football manager.

Personally I don't think this season could be considered a failure for Mourinho or Madrid if they don't win the league. Barcelona are arguably the greatest club footballing side ever. Losing the league title to them is nothing to be ashamed of or disappointed by. They've made progress in the CL and will go on to at least get to the semi's I reckon.

Madrid fans will of course not be satisfied. But then Madrid fans are never satisfied.

Skashion said:
Losing the title won't be a failure. Getting utterly spanked and failing to break 90 points on the way will be though.

And if he wins the CL ?

BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:

I'm not "anti-Jose" and never have been. But surely we are allowed to comment on what does not appear to be a good season for him in Madrid as its pertinent to the thread.

You can comment on whatever you like mate, and you're absolutely right that this is absolutely the place to discuss/comment his season at Madrid. I was talking more about those who just make really facile statements like "i don't want that **** at our club" based on an image they have of him, which has nothing to do with his merits as a football manager.

Personally I don't think this season could be considered a failure for Mourinho or Madrid if they don't win the league. Barcelona are arguably the greatest club footballing side ever. Losing the league title to them is nothing to be ashamed of or disappointed by. They've made progress in the CL and will go on to at least get to the semi's I reckon.

Madrid fans will of course not be satisfied. But then Madrid fans are never satisfied.
And there we go
If he wins the title he's the greatest manager in the world
And if he loses,barca are the greatest team that have ever excisted
Not a bad position to be in for mooooo,kinda wins all ways

The cookie monster said:
BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:

And there we go

Yes he does ... i guess it's one of the perks of having to take that Barcelona team on.

BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:
BillyShears said:

And there we go

Yes he does ... i guess it's one of the perks of having to take that Barcelona team on.
Oh and on a side note
I reckon the 80's-90's side of milan were as good as barca if not better
Thats for another day though :)

The cookie monster said:
Oh and on a side note
I reckon the 80's-90's side of milan were as good as barca if not better
Thats for another day though :)

No chance! :)

Worthwhile discussion though it might be, Messi tips that team into the greatest ever, because he for my money is the greatest player ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.